Re: [OPEN] [KNSP] Sims can't knit if they have unfinished projects

by karuminu396

Original Post

Re: Sims Will Not Knit When Told To

★ Apprentice
@GreyHavens85 Yes! I have that problem now. Happened after the most recent pre Star Wars patch. Sim can finish in one sitting but if you ask them to resume a project they indicate something is in the way or just stand there.
Message 11 of 59 (3,908 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey i had this issue too, if your sim is already sitting down somewhere, then you tell them to resume, they can

Message 12 of 59 (3,900 Views)

Nifty Knitting Resuming Projects

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my sim to resume a knitting project but she waves her hands in the air like she cannot get or do the interaction
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to either go to the sofa or the rocking chair and continue knitting the project
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I bought Nifty Knitting yesterday with Journey to Batuu and started a new fresh game, did the first few items and got my sim to level 3 knitting, Started a project but she did not want to continue it after stopping, so went to the beach and she continued so thought I had fixed it, Now I have 2 other projects started and she will not resume them no matter what! I have tried removing mods and trying again but still the same issue. I have script mods disabled as I need to update them anyway but have tried without any mods also. 

Message 13 of 59 (3,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

this happens to me too

this doesn't always worked or has stopped working for me

[Posts merged by CM]

Message 14 of 59 (3,831 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same, also after getting the Star Wars pack.

She'll wave her hand and say a bed is in the way. But then I direct her to sit on the bed, and she does. When I select "resume project" she finally can. But for some reason when she's in the rocking chair and I ask her to resume a project, she gets up from her seat to go sit on the bed, pretends she can't reach it, then cancels the knit command. Then I command her to sit on the bed she "can't reach" and she sits with no issue, and when I click resume, she'll resume. But not in the rocking chair, and not anywhere else unless I manually make her sit first.

I'm on PS4 so no, I do not have any mods, CC, or other BS interfering with my game. I have all EPs, GPs, and SPs, and the game has been updated, etc. Much like the "no option to wash laundry" bug, this is a problem on EA's end, not ours.

Message 15 of 59 (3,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just got the pack installed and my sim won't even knit at all. They wouldn't knit even if they were already in the chair. They'd stand back up and be all like "I can't do anything!"
I'm not gonna continue playing until this stupid problem is fixed or I get a refund for this let-down.

And yes, I do use CCs and Mods and I enjoy them very much.

Message 16 of 59 (3,740 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too. I tried sitting in the chair and then asking her to resume knitting and that seems to work. This bug on top of the one with Eco lifestyle (where my sim will stop doing directed actions in order to bake a cake, write, do push-ups...) almost is making me want to quit this game.

Message 17 of 59 (3,693 Views)

★ Guide

"ME TOO!"

If the sim gets interrupted or stops the project and then goes back to resume the unfinished project later, they have the routing issue thought bubble and reaction like something is blocking them from getting to the usually usable (un-slotted) chair. When I have them sit down in the usable chair and resume an unfinished project either by clicking the basket in the inventory or clicking the chair, the sim still has the unroutable thought bubble and reaction.

The only work around(s) that I can find that seems to work 100% is if I have them start a new project by either clicking the basket or clicking the chair, then cancel that newer project and resume the old project. Then everything works as expected and the sim will resume all the projects once I ask and queue them up. It also works if I have them start a new project either from clicking the basket in inventory or clicking the un-slotted chair, finish the new project have them continue the old project once they are done with the new one.

I agree this happened after the most recent pack. When I first purchased the pack I did not see this bug. I have all packs except some stuff packs and the most recent game pack (I have all except: Luxury, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Toddler, My First Pet SPs and Journey to Battu GP).

Message 18 of 59 (3,619 Views)

Sims 4 Knifty Knitting Major Glitch - Gameplay

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 8
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except vampires, Moschino stuff, luxury party stuff, my first pet stuff, and sims 4 star wars journey to batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't knit at all. They stand there as if frozen. When tried, Sim won't continue the previous knitting project.
What do you expect to see? Sims continue their knitting projects and start new ones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened when I updated the game in origin.

September Update 2020

Message 19 of 59 (3,476 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [KNSP] Sims can't resume knitting while standing

★★★ Guide
@Sherlock_H101 Just popping in to say I have this issue too. I have to make the sim sit in order to resume a project. I haven't been really using the knitting feature because of this since I like to queue a bunch of actions and let them go.
Message 20 of 59 (3,384 Views)