[FIXED] Jittery Toddler walking animation

by reademullen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Jittery Toddler walking animation

★★★★ Novice

I’ve had this problem for a whil play on PS4 all toddlers of all skill levels do this the jittery movement and teleporting back and forth I’m to the point where I’m worried it’s going to end up crashing the game and am afraid to play 

Message 71 of 95 (1,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same issue. I have PC, windows 10, all packs except 2 kits (sports and oasis) current patch 1.79.

My toddler's all skills are low, about 1 or 2.

My lot is tiny lot so there isn't much space which is why I thought the toddler's movement was jittery. Like others described my toddler's movement also gets better when he stumbles but after that jittery walk again.

Message 72 of 95 (1,108 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Exact same issue here, noticed for the first time today on PS5. Had one toddler with no issues, then twins were born that both had this problem from the moment they aged up.

Message 73 of 95 (1,065 Views)

Re: Toddler walking animation broken

★★ Novice
@crinrict Winows 10 PC. I've seen the movements in all skill levels for Movement.
Have almost all the DLCs, a couple of mods, but not so many that it should cause problems until a new patch once updated.
The patch where I started seeing the jittery animation, was Cottage Living
Message 74 of 95 (1,032 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem still, toddlers cant run and they have maxxed out movement. They also have a glitchy walking animation that glitches and kind of “resets” the animation with each step making the animation look like a laggy penguin waddling.  Cant believe this is still open and not fixed

Message 75 of 95 (1,013 Views)

★★ Novice

I have three toddlers and they are bouncing (glitching) all over the place!! Adults are fine. Just walking, they will glitch back and forth all across their routed paths. 

Message 76 of 95 (1,005 Views)

Glitchy toddler walking animations

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, snowy escape expansion packs Parenthood, dine out, spa day game packs Cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make toddlers, the more toddlers you have the better chance of it happening. Sometimes the animations are fine until playing through a few days in sims time. I started new saves with new sims and didnt have any glitches even when leveling them up to movement 1-5 I also saved my glitchy toddler household to the gallery and added it to a new save/world. No glitches, until about 30 mins in and one out of three has the walking animation glitch at movement 5. Forgot skills thru cheats, and lvled him 1-5 and it still glitches.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers have animation glitches, most commonly a walking glitch that happens when a toddler walks(happens with all movement skills). The animation looks like it resets half way between each step resulting in a glitchy penguin waddle. Sometimes when it gets bad toddlers will flash/teleport a-crossed the house as they are walking somewhere causing them to stretch and disappear and reappear simultaneously. Animations also sometimes glitch on highchairs causing toddler to stretch out. Most times lvl 3-5 movement toddlers dont have the option to run either, it seems as if the game thinks they are still level one and there real lvl at the same time resulting in glitches of the animations and choices.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see toddler have clean animations and to have a working movement skill 100% of the time as this completely breaks immersion and makes the game hard to play with toddlers
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was caused from this current patch/version it seems

Message 77 of 95 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@reademullen I have a brand new toddler on level 1 and his walking is jittery constantly
Message 78 of 95 (955 Views)

★★ Novice

Same. I'm also on PC and play with mods. It happens throughout all levels of movement. I even tested it in a save file without mods and the toddler's walking animation still jitters.

Message 79 of 95 (942 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I might've found the link? In this OP's video, the toddler is very sad. Mine was very sad while she was glitched. And then the moodlet that made her very sad went away, and she was happy again, and she stopped jittering. I think it might be the sad mood causing this.

Message 80 of 95 (865 Views)