Re: Toddler walking animation broken

by thecharsims

Original Post

Re: Stuttering Toddler Walking Animation

Hero
@Winter_Nightfire Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 95 (1,796 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jittery Toddler walking animation

★★★★ Novice
@elliebreton Your video is a perfect example of this issue.
Message 32 of 95 (1,750 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too, PC, all packs, only started with the latest patch.

Message 33 of 95 (1,730 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Has this issue been reported to EA?

Message 34 of 95 (1,700 Views)

★ Novice

I'm a new (this year) MacBook Air and my toddlers have been doing this funky jittery walk since I installed the Cottage expansion. It seems to happen more when they walk on a diagonal.

Message 35 of 95 (1,664 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@neinplanets Playing on a brand new Windows 10 laptop. Playing the Royal kingdom challenge, so it’s happening with toddlers in all 10 families. Started after the July 20 update.
Message 36 of 95 (1,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Frequent
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Get To Work, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take care of a couple toddlers for a couple Sim days
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler sort of glitches back and forth like stop motion animation or bad limp.
What do you expect to see? Normal animation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Recently
Please describe the patch or change you made. We got the pre Cottage Living update, then I think I bought and installed Cottage Living before the patch to fix deliveries, though it may have been after; somewhere in these 3 changes the animation got glitchier (I also have, and have posted on the thread for, the adult sims pausing/teleporting when off camera - vague possibility these are both related? They appeared at the same time for me.)

I was aware of seeing this in my mod tests family, but since they're heavily modded, I figured they weren't the best example. So I removed my mod folder and created a new family, with two toddlers, a boy and a girl. I decided to see if the skill level actually made a difference, so I gave the boy a tablet and purposely kept his movement skill low while keeping the girl walking in circles all day to level up. At first, I only noticed a vague hint of this glitch, in that the girl would occasionally jump sideways slightly when she first started walking when told to "go here" from standing still - I could not get the same effect using "wander around" nor by using "go here" to change direction when she was already moving. I tried on all 3 speeds, and began to think I was just imagining it.

Then, on Sim day 3, the boy (still barely on movement level 1) woke, was carried to a high chair for breakfast, was let out... and did the full glitched stuttering walk to go play on his tablet. A few moments later, the girl, who had been walking fine pre-breakfast, was also let out and now has the same full glitched stuttering walk even though she's nearly to movement level 3. I cheated her to movement level 5, and she still had the walking glitch - it sort of looks like they're both limping badly, plus they sort of freeze and rotate smoothly in place when turning, rather than stepping.

Therefore, I don't think this is actually triggered by movement skill, but either time in game or some other glitch that, once triggered, stays in effect for a while. Going in and out of build mode did not fix the glitched walk, but traveling to another lot with both toddlers did fix it for both.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 37 of 95 (1,580 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I'm getting this jerky animation regardless of movement levels. It didn't happen before the updates during the Cottage Living release. It's like seeing "rubber-banding" effect while playing FPS game like Counter Strike.
Message 38 of 95 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

I clicked, me too. Same issue. I noticed it a few days ago. I play on PC and my sims toddler has level 5 movement skill. Now, that you mentioned the skill level, he definitely wasn't walking like that when his movement skill was just starting out. Then again, I noticed it after the recent patch and this is the first toddler I played with in a while. Could be a coincidence regarding the skill level. Could just be something that's been around and I didn't notice since my sims haven't had many toddlers.

Message 39 of 95 (1,512 Views)

★ Apprentice

same but for some reason it only seems to happen with my female toddlers

Message 40 of 95 (1,467 Views)