[FIXED] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

by KristenLDD

Original Post

Re: Game Won't Complete Mission After Tasks are Complete

★★ Novice

@MetaSuperficial She's level 8 of the Entertainer career "Symphonic String Player" -- She has a "Fine Arts" degree from Foxbury (not distinguished) -- Working on the Renaissance Sim aspiration; on the last stage -- Also has two points of fame.

Message 31 of 204 (1,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've done more testing:

1) Removed the entire Sims 4 user data folder (the one inside Documents on PC)

2) Created a brand new sim - so no skills, no aspirations, no careers. I did give him some likes (probably shouldn't have, but this didn't seem to make any difference, at least not with what I gave him)

3) Went straight to Batuu.

4) Tried giving him each of the 4 versions of the Fine Arts degree.

5) All 4 versions triggered the bug. Other degrees did not.

So it seems that the Fine Arts degree might be one way to reproduce this bug, but from my own original super-sim, as well as the reports from @Why_Bunny and @KristenLDD it's clear that is not the only trigger. My super-sim does have the Fine Arts degree, but removing it with cheats before Batuu doesn't clear the bug. I did try removing the degree with my test sims, and for them it did work.

I do have the latest version of the game, and I haven't tried Batuu before the last update.

@crinrict, or anyone else, if you have the time and feel like trying again to reproduce the bug with the Fine Arts degree, it will at least confirm that this trigger isn't local to my installation.

@Why_Bunny, I will look into the likes/dislikes system. It might contain another trigger for this bug, which would explain why my super-sim still had the bug after I removed her fine arts degree. Update: tried removing her Fine Arts degree and likes/dislikes - bug still here.

Message 32 of 204 (1,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I doubt there is relation to University as the second test I did was with a sim that never ever had a single interaction related to University (had not even applied for scholarship).

My thoughts are toward the actual JTB missions which look up to the Sim history and traits. If there was ever a sim in their history that completed a JTB aspiration - this is not resettable and the missions crash (at least this is my current assumption).

Don't think this is related to any other pack, but to how the JTB progression is not adjusted to several generations or something that is copied over with a 'legacy sim' that has been played before. The reason is that I actually tested this with a sim with 0 University interactions.

I am thinking that JTB is missing some basic concepts that Strangerville has. In Strangerville you can defeat the Mother Plant and it stays defeated in that save until you explicitly restart it as a quest. In JTB it seems the 'quest' line is much more fixed and not transferrable which cause the issues we face (once you give Resistance or the FO the 'win' that sim gets broken). 

Message 33 of 204 (1,720 Views)

Re: Welcome to batuu (first mission) bug leaves you with no money

★★★★★ Newbie

having the exact same problem, its annoying as!

Message 34 of 204 (1,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@niamaimezaadi, your findings reveal that the multiple triggers for this bug are probably independent from each other.

I am still pretty certain that any Fine Arts degree is a trigger, as I was able to get the bug with it on a blank sim, and avoid the bug by removing the degree (I only have a tiny shadow of a doubt because nobody else tried to reproduce this yet, and while I could re-install the game, I'd rather spare myself the hassle at the moment).

I also know Fine Arts is not the only trigger because my super-sim still has the bug when I remove her degree.

Could it be that previous JTB interactions with other sims on the same save trigger it?

It could be, BUT this is not the case for any of my sims - I didn't play JTB with any of them prior to encountering the bug. When I tested with my super-sim, I went back to a pre-JTB save. The result was the same. Still can't get passed the bug.

For my next tests, I will try removing all my super-sim's traits (I have already tried removing her "natal" traits - Cheerful, Childish, Creative, and of-course the Fine Arts degree). Don't think I can actually remove her completed aspirations and careers, but I can try and go back to earlier saves, I suppose. I will also try moving her out to a new location, with her family.

I will also try to send my supporting sims from that save to Batuu. They are not super-sims and do not have any degrees. If they have the bug as well, this would hint that possibly one of the triggers carries over the entire game play from the interactions of a single sim. Update: tried a sim from my super-sim's household - no bug.

Another possible route - you mentioned Strangerville: my super-sim has completed the Strangerville aspiration - did any of your test sims? Update: tried playing through the Strangerville aspiration with another sim. It didn't trigger the bug.

Message 35 of 204 (1,687 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A tiny bit of progress - I was finally able to get my original super-sim to clear the bug!

I removed her Fine Arts degree (the only certain trigger for now), most of her traits except her "natal" traits (couldn't remove Sickness Resistance and Treasure Hunter - the cheats listed everywhere for those don't work), her likes/dislikes and also, she is a spellcaster, so I had her go through the rite of dissolution.

Now begins the long journey of figuring out which of the many traits I removed are triggers for this bug, as well as possibly the likes/dislikes.

Message 36 of 204 (1,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have found the second trigger - it is the Business Savvy trait that comes from choosing the Fortune Aspiration.

Like the Fine Arts degree, the Business Savvy trait is an independent trigger for this bug, so having either one of them is enough to cause this.

There may be other triggers, so if you have the bug but your sim doesn't have a Fine Arts degree or the Business Savvy trait, please report here.

If you want to try this for you sims:

1) Be sure to keep a separate save before you try this, just in case.

2) To remove the Fine Arts degree you will need to use one of the following, depending on the degree type you have (You can check this in the Simology panel) -

Traits.remove_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBAHonors

Traits.remove_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBA

Traits.remove_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBSHonors

Traits.remove_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBS

The first 2 are for the distinguished degree from Britechester, with or without honors, the latter 2 are for the Foxbury degree.

3) To remove the Business Savvy trait use:

Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Business_Savvy

To reverse this, just replace "Remove" with "Equip".

If this doesn't work for you, or you simply don't have those two triggers, please let us all know. A list of your sim's traits can help figure out why.

While I've covered a significant portion of the traits, skills, aspirations when testing this, these two triggers don't seem to have anything in common, so there could be others.

Message 37 of 204 (1,641 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve been having this same issue and my Sim did have the business savvy trait. However, upon removing the trait I found that the issue was still persisting. Here’s a list of my Sim’s traits, careers, skills, etc. if that might help anyone narrow down what else could be a trigger:

High School A Student, Charisma Lv. 1, Comedy Lv. 1, Cooking Lv. 3, Dancing Lv. 1, Fitness Lv. 4, Handiness Lv. 1, Mischief Lv. 1, Mixology Lv. 2, Piano Lv. 2, Programming Lv. 2, Rocket Science Lv. 3, Singing Lv. 2, Snowboarding Lv. 2, Self-Absorbed, Active, Top-Notch Toddler, Ancient Bloodline (Is a spell caster), likes fitness, dislikes the color yellow, has a good reputation, and was business savvy due to fabulously wealthy aspiration before I removed both the trait and aspiration (new aspiration is hope vs. order).

I think that’s all the stuff that would be relevant. Besides the Top-Notch toddler trait, she’s hardly a super Sim like some people were discussing earlier. Hope this helps someone!

Message 38 of 204 (1,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@lcomp12, does your Sim have a Fine Arts degree? (Thought I'd better check, as you didn't refer to this)

Regarding skills, my Sim had all of them maxed out (I don't have the Paranormal pack, so I can't check Medium skill), so unless there's some interaction with other factors, it's probably not the cause - they didn't affect the workaround.

As it so happens, my Sim is also a spellcaster and dislikes yellow, but those didn't affect the bug. She's not Ancient Bloodline, though.

I am not 100% sure, but as far as I recall, another Sim I tested with had her toddler and child skills maxed, and she didn't have the bug at all.

If your Sim doesn't have a Fine Arts degree, then my main course of investigation would be the Ancient Bloodline.

One more thing: just noticed -  you only mentioned 2 main traits - is your Sim a teen? Unless one of those traits triggers the bug, I guess I'd have to test with a teen too.

Message 39 of 204 (1,596 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm I got the bug with a sim with Ancient Bloodline (no degrees at all) in the second attempt I did before uninstalling the pack.

Message 40 of 204 (1,567 Views)