[FIXED] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

by KristenLDD

Original Post

Re: Game Won't Complete Mission After Tasks are Complete

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So I tested again with a brand new sim, went through childhood to get the traits. No issues at first - went to Battu, everything went fine with the first mission. Unlocked the two aspirations and when I completed mission 'Risks and Rewards' (Disrupt First Order transmissions) the bug happened again. 'Report back' was active and the Sim who previously had the resistance Icon over their head no longer had that indication. I reported back, mission tasks complete, mission - stuck. 'Report back' is now permanently disabled again.
I tried also to purchase droid and I lost the 1000 credits I had + 10 scrap metal - selection never loaded to make the droid. Sim enters the shop, but nothing happens.
Might be the mission itself causing this bug - just not sure what it is looking for except the tasks in order to break like that.

Apparently if you do not see the Resistance Icon over the NPC head - you have this bug now active.

Where am I right now:

Reinstalling the game without JTB.

Message 21 of 204 (2,307 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thank you for sharing what you have tried! So far, I tried moving my sim out to a different home- did nothing. I used cheats to reduce 4 skills from 10 to 1 -did nothing. I then reduced more skills (close to 10 in total) - still no success with getting missions credited. Somehow, the first step of aspiration did complete for me, but I also did not get the pop up to choose factions. I cannot earn points to increase rank in any of the 3 options. I’m at a loss of what else to do to get this to work for this sim and I’m really bummed!
Message 22 of 204 (2,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ran into this issue myself just yesterday and came here.

For me it's also with a super-sim, and after reading this thread I decided to do some testing of my own.

This is one elusive bug!

I had a save with different sims I made to test another bug, so I took one of them for a spin.

Here are my steps:

1) Tried giving all skills - no bug.

2) Tried adding all the aspirations my original sim had - still no bug.

3) Tried maxing out all careers (neglecting the second branches) and all degrees (distinguished with honors) - bug encountered.

4) Tried with just the degrees - bug still present.

5) Tried selectively removing degrees - Fine Arts degree causes bug for test sim.

And Finally:

6) Tried removing the Fine Arts degree for my original sim - bug still here... !@#$%

7) Tried removing all degrees for my original sim - still buggy

So obviously, the many accomplishments of super-sims have something to do with this bug, but this isn't straight forward as specific skills, aspirations, degrees, traits, etc...

I suspect some data is being run-over.

I may do more testing - will report if I have something new to share.

Addendum:
Just found this thread -

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Bug-with-Journey-to-Batuu-mission-checklist/m-...

Could this be another hint that this bug is related to a clash between the University pack and Batuu?

When I wasn't able to re-create the bug with aspirations and skills, I thought it might have something to do with the missions sharing the career panel.

But maybe there are actually shared variables with the university pack instead?

Although I wasn't able to apply the "workaround" from my test sim on my original sim, I did use cheats to get those degrees for my test sim. It is possible the cheats don't replicate certain aspect of getting the degrees through normal gameplay.

Or perhaps its only part of the issue, and the other is actually the second career branches I didn't take with my test sim?

Message 23 of 204 (2,345 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I neglected to mention one thing which doesn't seem to be addressed in this thread (unless I missed it):

While the thread seem to specifically discuss the Resistance/Order/Scoundrels missions, this actually starts earlier with the "Welcome to Batuu" mission.

When there is no bug, after asking about the Resistance, Order and Scoundrels 3 times, the sim should be credited and all 3 checked tasks should be cleared from the mission (career) panel. When the bug hits, the checked tasks stay there and no credit is given.

It's easy to overlook this because the bug doesn't prevent getting a Resistance mission. It's only when you can't progress that you realize there's something wrong. (At least, that's when I noticed, as this was my first time in Batuu)

When I ran my tests I didn't bother going beyond "Welcome to Batuu" once I realized the mission panel should be cleared when the mission is over.

Message 24 of 204 (2,335 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue as well.  I wouldn't quite say I have a SuperSim...she's got one skill to level 10 (violin) and maxed photography at lvl 5.  However, she does have a university degree.  

I did notice the "Welcome to Batuu" mission never resolved, and I also cannot "Report Back" for the "Leap of Faith" mission.

Based on the fact this isn't a resolved bug and there's no work around, looks like I'll just send her back home and hopefully she can progress her life normally, keeping in mind that if one is going to do Batuu a relatively new Sim is required.

Message 25 of 204 (2,316 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@angelique1074, which degree does she have? Please specify if it is distinguished and with honors.

Also, what careers does she have/had, if any? At what level?

This all might be irrelevant, as I was unable to reproduce this with a specific degree and it could be just a "random" bug.

But perhaps there is a specific combination of skills/aspirations/careers/degrees that is causing this.
Message 26 of 204 (2,303 Views)

Welcome to batuu (first mission) bug leaves you with no money

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Ps4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Batuu and a lot of other ones
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? First mission at batuu, (welcome to batuu) asked about the first order, resistance, and scoundrels 3 times. I have the tasks check off. But nothing is happening. It won’t give me the money for the completed mission. Or start the next one. I’m stuck with zero batuu dollars at this point, but I have over 9 mil simoleons from actually playing the game and not doing any cheats so it basically just ruined the game for me. I can’t convert simoleons into batuu dollars so... I guess there’s really no point of having this expansion pack at this point.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won’t let me get any money at batuu
What do you expect to see? All tasked are completed but all it does is show you all tasks are completed. Nothing else happens. It’s supposed to give me the 200 batuu dollars from completing the tasks, and then start the new tasks or something. But it’s stuck glitching
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This game is so glitchy and full of bugs it seems like the creators haven’t played it for a second. Every time I play it I encounter at least one bug. I love this game but I wish they took more time on it or were able to. 

Message 27 of 204 (2,379 Views)

Re: Welcome to batuu (first mission) bug leaves you with no money

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Actually no missions are working. Seriously 

Sabaac won’t work they start playing and when it gets 1/4 of the way thru everyone glitches and appears standing up looking around. My guy doesn’t win or loose. Literally nothing happens. And this happens 100% of the time 

every time I do something to make money in batuu there’s a glitch that makes it not happen.

Im literally gonna try deleting the expansion pack and redownloading it because somehow it auto saved on my save and I can’t go back to before I first went to batuu.

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive posts]

Message 28 of 204 (2,368 Views)

Re: Welcome to batuu (first mission) bug leaves you with no money

★ Guide

My two SuperSims with Batuu completion issues have college degrees, one is Distinguished Fine Arts but the other is something like Mechanical Engineering. My Batuu bugs started after the last patch which added likes and dislikes. I have played them hundreds of hours so they have quite a bit of accumulated stats experience. 

Message 29 of 204 (2,266 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@MetaSuperficial Here is my info on my Sim. He has 4 distinguished degree, all distinguished with honors: Drama, Physics, Biology and Villainy. He has a Mixologist Certificate. I don't remember all the careers he has maxed, but some were Actor, Marine Biologist, Crime boss, Civil Designer, Comedian, Bartender. He is currently a scientist, but I had tried the Batuu aspiration before entering the scientist career. I never tried this aspiration while enrolled in university as my sim is unable to take a vacation while in Uni. Again, all skills are maxed. Hope we can keep narrowing it down!
Message 30 of 204 (2,281 Views)