Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JTB] Hope vs Order - First Steps not completing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs City Living Discover University Eco Lifestyle Get Famous Get to Work Island Living Seasons ---- Dine Out Jungle Adventure Realm of Magic Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm trying to complete "First Steps" for Hope VS Order for the Star Wars Game Pack but the last requirement which asks me to complete a mission for the resistance or first-order faction is not completing. I have completed several first-order missions and I did not have this problem with another character when doing resistance. I do not have any mods installed and I tried restarting my game and computer with no success.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the mission as completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Unable to complete the "first steps" mission in the Star Wars pack.  Please see screenshot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (5,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Hope vs Order - First Steps not completing

Hero

Sims now are able to complete First Order or Resistance missions and then choose the Hope vs Order - First Steps Aspiration and complete all goals.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (5,242 Views)

All Replies

Re: Hope vs Order - First Steps not completing

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Rosenia  I had the same issue, but my sim was doing missions for the Resistance. I only switched to the Hope vs Order aspiration after playing on Batuu for a while and having done the initial arrival tasks and the initial intro missions from Hondo and Vi Moradi.

The aspiration objective to complete a mission for Resistance or First Order won’t complete even after doing several Resistance missions, possibly because they are higher rank than the objective expects and don’t give the same completion buff that triggers the objective.

I had to use cheats to advance the objective.

Message 2 of 11 (5,298 Views)

Hero
@Rosenia Yup same for me. You need to do it before you do any other missions.

Don't know if that's a bug or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (5,281 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you!  

That is the same situation I found myself in.  I was doing the Smuggler missions first and then switched over and this happened.

Message 4 of 11 (5,250 Views)

★★ Novice

Which cheats did you use to clear it?? 

Message 5 of 11 (5,216 Views)

Hero
@Skeesler aspirations.complete_current_milestone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (5,210 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!! 

Message 7 of 11 (5,203 Views)

[XB1] Hope vs fear aspiration stuck

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base are and deluxe pack, Journey To Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’ve been in Batuu but I started the Hope Vs fear aspiration after starting missions for the first order. Despite doing 6+ missions the aspiration still hasn’t registered it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hope Vs Fear aspiration not progressing
What do you expect to see? I expect the aspiration to register that I’ve done missions so I can move on to the next one
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, I got Sims 4 recently on Xbox to play Journey to batuu. However the aspiration Hope vs fear won’t progress past the first stage despite me doing plenty of missions and I’m not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Message 8 of 11 (5,107 Views)

Re: [XB1] Hope vs fear aspiration stuck

Hero
@salmanvilla3 It currently doesn't fulfill if you already did missions before the doing the aspiration.

Don't know if the cheat invalidates the trophies or not but it's currently the only solution (other than doing it with another Sim)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (5,101 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Hope vs Order - First Steps not completing

★★ Pro
I completed the resistance mission but still 0/1
Message 10 of 11 (4,860 Views)