[FIXED] [JTB] Game crash/freeze when 'Freshen up at the Dwelling'

by psusenas

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SW] Game crash/freeze when 'Freshen up at the Dweling'

★ Novice
@psusenas I have this issue too and I’m using Xbox!!!! Previously saved game as well. Please fix!
Message 31 of 69 (1,102 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SW] Game crash/freeze when 'Freshen up at the Dweling'

★★ Novice

I wasn't able to clean the whole inventory in the "normal" world, cause that would just take too much effort sry :P

But I went to batuu with my female Sim-same family, same save file, same wold

I did the exact same things and she was able to do everything without any trouble. 

Inventorys of both Sims were empty when entering batuu, the male Sim just had a millennium falcon scan. 

Message 32 of 69 (1,096 Views)

Re: Game crash when "freshen up at the Dweling"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Alright, my latest findings. It will be my last post here, because something just needs a fixing.

I think it has to do with the Hygiene bar (?)
I was able to go around it once, by not letting the hygiene bar fill up fully. 

I was trying to be a smarty pants, so when my guy ran low on hygiene again, i just moved over to my Sim in Windenburg and set the Sim in Batuu to 'Take Care Of Self'.
What struck me was, the hygiene bar didn't fill up completely. He then started to take care of his 'Fun' bar. Usually it doesn't work that way, i think ?
Usually the bars fill up fully ?

I did the objective. So the pack is playable as long as you cheat the Hygiene bar to max again, highly probably.
Bladder also ofcourse.. My Sims only have to pee until i have enough points to buy the Steel Bladder for them. I always buy that for them. Because having to pee is annoying. Also in real life Standard smile
I'm just a dude. What do i know. But these were my findings.

Message 33 of 69 (1,080 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SW] Game crash/freeze when 'Freshen up at the Dweling'

★★★ Novice

Mods are in use in my game, scripted and non, to get that out of the way.

The initial "quest" which required it went fine.

It was later that every time I try to Freshen Up at Black Spire that not only does the game freeze (I'd prefer a crash, honestly), but I can't ALT-TAB out properly. I hit the Windows key and try to right-click close the game from the bar, and it won't (whereas I can X out other programs if I hold ALT-TAB and use my mouse). I had to restart my machine twice when this happened, because I couldn't even get any other open program to be active. Trying to bring up the task manager worked only in that it launched, but without being able to get that window active, I couldn't forcibly end Sims 4.

I'm to the point where I want to either freeze that need or edit the cantina to add a toilet and shower, just to see if that is a viable workaround, because having to journey home every time they need the bathroom is silly, and magic doesn't function in Batuu, so I can use the cleaning spell, either.

Message 34 of 69 (1,028 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem.  Requires fix.

Message 35 of 69 (1,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have this error, game is broken.. Cant progress without skipping stuff. Unplayable.

Message 36 of 69 (996 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what happened with my experience in Batuu.  The initial quest worked, but then every time after I've had to restart my machine since I cannot forcibly quit the game. 

Message 37 of 69 (957 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Same bug. The game is unplayable. Another trash DLC by EA.
Message 38 of 69 (906 Views)

★ Novice

Could I get that as well??

Message 39 of 69 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

No active mission, no odd inventory items, no mods...at rookie in both Resistance and Scoundrel... worked fine at first... now crash on "Freshen Up"  I did purchase a Droid, but it still crashes whether in inventory or out.  Tried alternate family member and freshen up does not crash (droid or no droid), however he had not ranked up at all in any faction, and had no Batuu items at all. Crashing again...

Message 40 of 69 (819 Views)