[FIXED] [JTB] Game crash/freeze when 'Freshen up at the Dwelling'

by psusenas

Original Post

Re: Game crash when "freshen up at the Dweling"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My game is also crashing at the resistance camp area, I don't know it does not make any since, but I do have the strangervilie story active, I wonder if to many stories can over work the game.

Update: @psusenas Found the bug using testing apparently water glasses can slip through into the special inventory, so remove the water glasses from inventory before freshening up. I think the bug was caused by a water glass in inventory not created in that realm. Another bug squashed and a workaround found. Make sure nothing that is not from that world is in inventory when you arrive, or your find out when you try to freshen up. I hope this work around fixed. I found it when I decided to try it with my other family member and it worked so it is sim related. It is also inventory related, once she drank the glass of waters from her inventory she was able to freshen up without any issues.

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit.)

Note: I thought at first that the bug in the resistance camp was the same bug as the bug from the catina area with the freshen up bug but its not, the one from the resistance camp was caused by strangervillie story being active.  I put it as a different post because it is a seperate bug than the one I was talking about and the CM merged it, so I wanted to make sure the work around for the freshen up bug gets noticed.

Message 21 of 69 (1,358 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SW] Game crash/freeze when 'Freshen up at the Dweling'

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Each time the action is attempted with my married male sim. Sim's wife was able to freshen up without issue.

What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except for Pets. All game packs except for Vampires and Parenthood. Five stuff packs; Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Toddler, Fitness and Bowling Night.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At the Black Spire Outpost in Batuu. Attempt to freshen up at the Dwelling with a male sim (not sure if the married part is relevant or not.)

What happens when the bug occurs? The action bar at the lower left that shows current and pending sim actions grows in length before the game freezes and stays frozen until manually closed.

What do you expect to see? I expected my sim to complete the Freshen Up option without a game freeze.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? The only change was the installation of the new Star Wars expansion for Sims 4.

The game freeze did not create a lastCrash file.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 22 of 69 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI found the bug with the freshen up bug in the black spiral outpost it is a inventory issue one of my sims had a glass of water from Oasis Springs in her inventory. I had her drink the glasses of water and the freshen up worked without a problem.

Message 23 of 69 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sid1701d9 I'm unable to duplicate that. On the saves I'm testing it occurs with empty inventories on both sides

@Kefi1975 As your save is quite advanced in Batuu, did it always happen for you or started after a while ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 69 (1,291 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I wondering if she was drinking the glass of water while on the computer, not unheard of with multi tasking, the glass was active, but temporally put in inventory when she told the game to go on vacation through the computer. I will have to try and see if I can trigger it again to see what caused it. However, something that was created in the other world that was active when the sim went on vacation ends up in inventory in the other world.
Message 25 of 69 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sid1701d9 Even tried with an inventory purge.

That did seem to have helped in one save but not the other. Looks like there's more too this.

EDIT: And on the second try it didn't work on either. I really don't knwo

If anyone else wants to send me their save, please follow instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 69 (1,271 Views)

★★ Apprentice

from crinrict: @Kefi1975 As your save is quite advanced in Batuu, did it always happen for you or started after a while ?

It was from the beginning. The first time in the Start Mission the game didn't crash, but it canceld the mission and gave me a new one. After that every time my Sim tried to fresh up it crashed.

----------------

In the inventory were only items from Batuu, so this can't be the problem. But after travelling home to Brindleton Bay the friendship with two Sims are broken and they have to start from the very beginning. Both of them are occults, one is an Alien, the other one a witch, and all of them live in different households.

Message 27 of 69 (1,260 Views)

PS 4Star Wars Dlc - Freeze

★★ Novice

I'm on mobile so sry for formating problems. 

When I try to refresh my Sim at the hideout in batuu, the whole game freezes and I have to shut it down and restart it... Just to have a freeze again when I try to refresh at the hideout. 

Is there any way I can fix that or someone else has the same problem? 

Thanks in advance 

Message 28 of 69 (1,237 Views)

Re: PS 4Star Wars Dlc - Freeze

Hero
@Pablosantoz Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 69 (1,232 Views)

Re: PS 4Star Wars Dlc - Freeze

★★ Novice

So eventually I gave up erased the mission and moved on, thats the only solution I found. You miss out on 200 but its easy get money without cheats if you continue the game. 

Message 30 of 69 (1,222 Views)