Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SW] Game crash when 'Freshen up at the Dweling'

by watchingponies

Original Post

Re: Game crash when "freshen up at the Dweling"

★★ Apprentice

Yes, it does. It's going longer and longer, and it stays grey.

Message 11 of 69 (1,217 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SW] Game crash when 'Freshen up at the Dweling'

★★★ Apprentice

Well, i can also add a bit more info.

I was also, like Kefi says, able to go past it, once ..

I just hung around. Did a bit of exploring, talked to locals, flirted with a female Stormtrooper, blew all my money in the Cantina (lol), did some exploring, went to the resistance, came back. So i spent like almost 2 real-life hours in-game.
Went back to 'refresh'. I saw in the job panel, with the mission progress, that i had fulfilled the task. So i instantly canceled 'Refreshing'.
My guy came out of the rabbit hole. All was good. Closed the game without saving.

When i restarted my save, it crashed again on 'refreshing' without fulfilling the task.
I will try again, tomorrow. 

Message 12 of 69 (1,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kefi1975 That def sounds like the same as I saw in @watchingponies save.

Would you mind sending me yours too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 69 (1,201 Views)

Star wars: game freezes everytime I click "Freshen up" in Batuu

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking "Freshen up" in Batuu as one of the objectives
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes and I have to restart my pc
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to freshen up without the game freezing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, I have 2 people in my household and I try to freshen them up as part of the "Welcome to Batuu" objective. Everytime they enter The Dwelling at Black Spire Outpost, the whole game completely freezes and I have to restart it. I have tried changing all my game settings/graphics, tried freshening both sims together and seperate. Nothing stops it from freezing. Everything else I do in Batuu (so far) hasn't frozen the game. Planning outfits and woohooing in The Dwelling doesn't cause it to freeze and I'm able to order food from Dockinf Bay 7, however can't do this. I will add if any more information if I come across it but so far this is my stressful experience of the new pack☹lol 

Message 14 of 69 (1,177 Views)

Re: Star wars: game freezes everytime I click "Freshen up" in Batuu

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same exact problem, Except one person visit and I’m on a Mac but it always freezes! I’ve spent hours real time before doing shower still doesn’t work and freezes! I think solution is an update :/ 

also I have ZERO mods.

Message 15 of 69 (1,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Some more information: It appears as if the bug is only tied to the welcome mission "Freshen Up" task.  I too had the bug with my game.  I used a cheat to set that requirement in order to get past it locking up my game.  After that, I could freshen up as often as needed and no lock-ups.  I did not try a second sim yet.

Message 16 of 69 (1,123 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!! I’ll try cheat code!!! Do you mind sharing the cheat code if you can’t in chats since I don’t know the rules can you like link page with cheat code? I visit Carl’s sim and VIPsim so I’m familiar with cheats.

Message 17 of 69 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

faehansen, sent you a DM.

Message 18 of 69 (1,117 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey having the same issue. It is on a previously created save file as well.

My queue does get super long right before the game freezes but is empty save for the dwelling icon.

Message 19 of 69 (1,115 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue on Xbox1.  "Freshen up" game freezes.  

You'd think they would have caught this is testing...if they do testing.

Message 20 of 69 (1,086 Views)