Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Chess game goes on forever

by Dorabella123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JTB] [GT] Several games go on forever (chess, llama, sabacc ..)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1661391020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except first pet, toddler, fitness en party acces.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play chess
What happens when the bug occurs? A chess game doesn't end and goes on forever.
What do you expect to see? When starting a chess game it ends after a while and the Sim wins or loses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. sept 3d 2020 update

Because the chess game doesn't end I can't complete the child aspiration in which I need to play 3 chess games.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, merged some threads

----------------------------

Edit:

Work around for the aspiration:

Let the Sim that is not working on the aspiration quit the game (after about a simhour of playing).

Credits @MapleSimmer

Message 1 of 63 (12,636 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Get Together: Don't Wake the Llama

Hero

Sims no longer endlessly play games such as Chess, Sabacc (if you own Journey to Batuu), Voidcritter Cards (if you own Kids Stuff), and your regular Card games. I could play with Meduso forever though… #Meduso4ever.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 63 of 63 (5,359 Views)

All Replies

Re: Chess game goes on forever.

★★★★ Pro

This has also been reported by several players on the forum.

Message 2 of 63 (12,556 Views)

Hero
@Marieke020 Can duplicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 63 (12,546 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have just tested in my game with a couple of kids.  It seems they play well until one puts the other in check, then only one kid plays while the other watches and the game never ends.

Message 4 of 63 (12,497 Views)

★ Guide

There is an issue with the chess table - two sims will start playing normally and then one sim (your sim) stops playing, but the other sim continues making moves. Your sims just keeps using the thinking about their next move animation while the other sim keeps making moves. The game never ends.

Message 5 of 63 (12,469 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same trouble. I will make my sims play with...(another one of my sims). The game starts off normally but soon one will look like they are just pondering a move and the other continues to make moves and the game never stops. My children were both trying to fulfill the whizz kid play 3 chess games .

Message 6 of 63 (12,442 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same difficulty. I am playing on a Mac. I have no mods or custom content.

Message 7 of 63 (12,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I'm having this problem too and I was concerned it may impact me when I have children doing the whiz kid aspiration. It does, except the work around seems to be to have one sim (ie not the one working on the aspiration) to stop playing, then the child will have it register as playing a chess game. The third time I did it, they were only playing for about a sim hour.

Best regards,
Jennifer

PC: 1.66.139.1020, no mods/cc in my game, all packs up to and including Nifty Knitting

Message 8 of 63 (12,171 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried your work around (let the Sim that is not working on the aspiration quit the game) and fortunately this made the goal check. Thanks for figuring this out!

Message 9 of 63 (12,122 Views)

Hero
Looks like the void critters have the same issue.

Added that to title.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 63 (12,050 Views)