Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JTB] Can't Purchase Droid

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.1251030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work Game Packs: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Vintage Glamour, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When visiting vacation world Batuu, visit the Imperial District and purchase either a BB Unit or R2 Unit from the droid shop. Once the 1,000 credits and 10 scrap metal are removed the action finishes and there is no change. No droid available nor any pop-up menu to customize droid.
What happens when the bug occurs? When purchasing a droid on Batuu, the 1,000 credits and 10 scrap metal are removed from sim's inventory. No customisation pop-up menu occurs, neither a message nor droid appears.
What do you expect to see? A pop-up menu to select and customise the droid and then receive the droid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is my first time trying to play through the Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu pack. Whilst trying to complete the Hope vs Order lifetime wish I have encountered the Get A Droid objective. Whenever I try to purchase a droid from the Droid Depot it simply removes the 1,000 credits and 10 scrap without result. There apparently should be a customisation menu and then you receive your droid companion however I am unable to get to the stage. I have disabled Custom Content in my settings and created a new world in case there was a bug already present in the current one however the same issue persists. I've been unable to find any other reports of this bug online so I'm worried it may be associated to the newest patch with Likes and Dislikes somehow or CC. Is there a solution to this bug or a way to use in-game cheats to get a droid companion?

Thank you!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 84 (19,139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [JTB] Can't Purchase Droid

Hero

Batuu is an awesome destination for those who want to enjoy something fun and
different, but if you bought a Droid from the Droid Depot and never saw it in your
inventory, I know how frustrating it can be. Never fear, the Droids you were looking for
will appear now in Inventories when purchased.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 84 of 84 (6,033 Views)

All Replies

Finally trying Batuu, but can't get a droid

★★★ Guide

Hi, So twice now I have collected 10 scrap metal, and gone to the droid depot to order a custom BB unit. Neither time did the customization options pop up. It's frustrating. Are there any work around for obtaining a droid?

Message 1 of 84 (19,132 Views)

Re: Finally trying Batuu, but can't get a droid

Champion (Retired)

@FluidPanNerd 

Click on your droid to perform updates on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 84 (19,095 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem, and at least for me, I don't even get the droid at all. They just take my money and scrap and I get nothing >Frown I've tried like 5 times now.

Message 4 of 84 (19,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FluidPanNerd @evilrobopotato

Merging this with the bug report.

Will do some testing later today.

EDIT: Yeah, looks like this is broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 84 (19,059 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jpkarlsen It's kinda hard to update a droid I can't obtain in the first place...
Message 6 of 84 (18,950 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@FluidPanNerd 

Yes, I missed that you were trying to buy one instead of upgrading one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 84 (18,911 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Just tested this and I have the same issue. It must be from a recent update because I didn't have an issue the last time I bought a droid.

Message 8 of 84 (18,890 Views)

Re: [JTB] Can't Purchase Droid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I got a droid by ending the vacation, going home, using the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat in build mode, and searching the catalog for "droid". I put the droid in my inventory, went back on vacation, and tried to use it to distract the First Order. It played a sparking animation, but that failed to distract the First Order officers on patrol. My sim got beat up and held for questioning.

Message 9 of 84 (18,808 Views)

Re: [JTB] Can't Purchase Droid

Champion (Retired)

@CourderoyCordoba 

The Droid must be some distance from you so that the guard doesn't notice you. If the guard has already seen you then it is too late to try and distract him.

Message 10 of 84 (18,785 Views)