[FIXED] [JGB] Townies in Batuu are missing face masks

by JordanSinclairrr

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [JGB] Townies in Batuu are missing face masks

★ Apprentice

I wanted to add that the Batuu aliens' face masks work in other neighborhoods, but not in Batuu. Batuu is the only place they won't show up.

Message 71 of 80 (2,083 Views)

★★★ Novice

February 2021,

My Batuu aliens still have no masks. I am beyond disappointed in The Sims right now, this is a straight up slap in the face to anyone that stuck up for them when people first started complaining. It's one thing for a game to mess up with cc and mods, but i never use either for this exact reason, which i guess is moot.. so disappointed.

Message 72 of 80 (2,054 Views)

★★★ Guide

I played Batuu for the first time and only Hondu/Hondo(?) looked like an alien. Everyone else appeared to be human.

Message 73 of 80 (1,969 Views)

★★ Novice

I recently found out I have this issue too and it’s been going on for a while? Is there still not at least a workaround?

Message 74 of 80 (1,728 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I have the same problem, has any guru spoken out about it? It's really annoying, I play without mods. At the same time it happened to me that in a game that already has time I do not appear the missions because Hondo apparently is dead in my game and no other NPC is generated, and the same with Agnon.

Message 75 of 80 (1,626 Views)

★★★ Guide

It is really hard to compete the aspiration task to recruit 3 sims to the First Order when they don't accept aliens and I can't tell who is an alien or not by looking at them. Please fix the alien face mask issue. Everyone looks like a normal sim.

Message 76 of 80 (1,559 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly the same thing happens to me, hopefully they fix it with this month's patch, because it's uncomfortable and practically impossible to complete missions.

Message 77 of 80 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

How can it be impossible to complete missions if they don't wear their masks? They are still the same NPCs, minus the masks.

This bug is nearly as old as the GP itself. it was fine for only a few weeks, and this certainly won't be fixed on the March 24th patch, not on the Laundry list unsurprising enough.

Message 78 of 80 (1,505 Views)

★ Apprentice

Even if these sims aren't showing the masks, the game is still tagging them as Batuu aliens for some reason. Visually they look like bald humans, but they're tagged as aliens, which makes playing the First Order missions difficult. It's also just annoying to go to an alien world and not see any aliens. I didn't notice this problem in existed Batuu until Snowy Escape patch. Did it really happen earlier? That just makes it worse! Can't believe they have had so many patches and still won't fix it. It's really unfair to everyone who supported this pack.

Message 79 of 80 (1,455 Views)

Hero

We fixed an issue in which Batuu alien residents did not have the correct look. However, this fix is not retroactive and will be seen fixed in New Saves.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 80 (4,093 Views)