Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JGB] Townies in Batuu are missing face masks

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if this is happening to everyone or not, but all I did was create a household and take a vacation to Batuu.
What happens when the bug occurs? So I'm playing through the star wars pack and after about 2 or 3 hours, I've just realised that all of the townies on Batuu are either human or mirialan. No Zabrak, no Bith, no Weequay, no Twi-lek, etc etc. I understand that the different "races" are just masks but is it normal that absolutely none of the townies in Batuu are wearing these race masks?
What do you expect to see? I expected to see a variety of different races on Batuu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried multiple households and at all times, there are only Mirialan and Humans.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Adjusted title, Added tag

Message 1 of 80 (7,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [JGB] Townies in Batuu are missing face masks

Hero

We fixed an issue in which Batuu alien residents did not have the correct look. However, this fix is not retroactive and will be seen fixed in New Saves.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 80 of 80 (3,761 Views)

All Replies

Re: Townies are only human and Mirialan in Batuu.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

A video showing there only being Mirialan and Humans on Batuu. Please excuse the audio.

EDIT by Crinrict: Removed formatting for better readability 

Message 2 of 80 (6,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JordanSinclairrr I think it's not an actual issue of races not being there but the face masks got stripped.

Do you also see it in a fresh save or only existing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 80 (6,971 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi. Thank you for the response.

It's Happening on my current save which has been up for around 4 hours, created after I purchased the pack. I also created a bfresh brand new one, which it is also happening to.

Thank you.
Message 4 of 80 (6,948 Views)

Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Sims 4 Aliens showing up bald with no Alien masks.

★★★ Novice

I just started playing the new Star Wars: Journey to Betuu pack for the Sims 4 and I have noticed that most of the Batuu citizens are showing up without alien features, they are either bald or have human hair and some skin details. None of them, with the exception of Hondo, have alien heads. I took out all of my mods thinking that could have been the problem and started a new, fresh save file and I am still encountering this glitch. I have attached some of the screenshots. 

Message 5 of 80 (6,964 Views)

Re: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Sims 4 Aliens showing up bald with no Alien mask

★★ Pro

Hi @ShadowPheonix132  Do you use any mods or cc? There could be an incompatibility or broken mod..  There is also a mod called 'no ugly aliens' or similar, just checking..

Message 6 of 80 (6,955 Views)

Re: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Sims 4 Aliens showing up bald with no Alien mask

★★★ Novice

No, I removed all of my mods and CC and started another new save file. My first thought was that it could be the mods so that is why I removed them. I am currently playing a save file with no mods or CC and I am still having the glitch.

Message 7 of 80 (6,952 Views)

★★★ Novice

i'm having the same issues. At first I thought it was MCCC, worked previously with MCCC but after the new update the aliens showed up all bald. I also removed all my mods and started a mod free new game. same results. 

Message 8 of 80 (6,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, ok then.. @ShadowPheonix132  I've just checked my game, and do have the same 'character' in my game, he shows as a 'Batuu Resident', but may just be his 'look', he is 'human' however and not an 'Alien' as such.. I do have plenty of Aliens in my game though, and there are many humans that: visit or reside in Batuu, they don't appear as 'usual' as other areas of your game, they do 'blend' in well to Batuu, and could also be the 'resistance' or similar.

A few other ideas, did you also delete the localthumbcace file? When disabling mods and cc, it's important to do, as it has lingering affects.

1. Try repairing your game, with the cog, near 'play'
  2. Try a clean boot and clearing the cache (info below)
Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Here's a troubleshooter. and another troubleshooter post by Crinrict

Hope this helps..

edit: since Crinrict merged, and have been playing a while, yes.. there are a few bald Aliens (looked human), I sent to edit in 'CAS' this time to check.. the skin was marked as 'white/light tan' but the particular sim I chose, looked 'normal' in CAS, ie: it was blue-skinned, the 'hat' / Alien head was in place, however ONLY in CAS, so have also clicked 'me too'.. on this new thread.

Wondering if it's attached to the New Nov 'Townie Fix', re: the hat usage.. as they're certainly not 'regular' hats.. Nerd 

re: Alien Heads are found in hats,(not masks) as EA has made them available. js.

Message 9 of 80 (6,932 Views)

Hero
@ShadowPheonix132 Merged your thread with existing bug report.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 80 (6,910 Views)