Re: [OPEN] [JGB] Townies in Batuu are missing face masks

by zubiila

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@JordanSinclairrr I’m also having this issue. I had aliens roaming around when I first purchased the pack but now when I go to Batuu there are none. There’s just lots of bald sims walking around. Kind of feels pointless going to Batuu now. I tried using cheats to modify the bald sims in CAS but when I right click and choose ‘modify in CAS’ they are already wearing the mask in CAS. So it’s just when playing the mask disappears for some reason.
Message 41 of 80 (1,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue and have had it since I first got the Batuu expansion- I have almost every pack and expansion. I actually played for a while with no idea I was missing so much. I have done everything everyone in this thread has mentioned. My last attempt after uninstalling, reinstalling, hard resetting, repairing and all that, test Sim even goes into Batuu with the Alien "hat" on, and it goes away. Everyone is still bald, there is no option for that hat in the hats anymore, even to be unlocked. I have never had mods or any CC besides the newest adjustment features - but that was all gone when I tested the resets. 

Is there any other way to report this issue to EA besides this thread essentially?

Message 42 of 80 (1,443 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I bought Batuu in September, everything was normal. But I didn't play right away because I also bought the Eco package. Then I went to Batuu in December or late November. And they were all hairless and with one face. I don't Mods. Just a few hairstyles. Without aliens, the game pack loses its meaning.

Message 43 of 80 (1,406 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except a handful of stuff packs (luxury party, bowling stuff, cool kitchen stuff, Moschino stuff)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit Batuu
What happens when the bug occurs? To clarify the issue here that I have seen several other people report, it seems that for some reason, race masks and several other hats can no longer be worn on 'Batuu Outfits', meaning there are no aliens on Batuu
What do you expect to see? I expected to see alien masks available to be worn on Batuu
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have... a lot of CC but I see several other people reporting this bug without it
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure, just bought the pack today

Message 44 of 80 (1,351 Views)

★★ Novice

I just got this pack today and I noticed a lot of townies are bald. Tried both with and without CC and same result. I even started 2 new saves and it is still broken. Decided to come look here before I reinstall, glad I did since it seems to be a widespread issue.

Message 45 of 80 (1,290 Views)

Re: Townies are only human and Mirialan in Batuu.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

it's also on fresh saves. and it is still an issue! i can't play the gamepack. is there a fix? is there a workaround?
is there a possibility to see which NPC is human and which is alien even when the headmasks are missing to at least play the game and fullfill the missions where this info is needed? i would like to play the pack i payd for at some point finally.

Message 46 of 80 (1,270 Views)

★ Apprentice
@rottenmeier I came back wondering the same thing, is there a mod that fixes it at least?
Message 47 of 80 (1,212 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem. Got JTB at launch, had no problems. Put the game down for a few weeks, started up a new game, and now all the Batuu aliens are just bald humans.

Message 48 of 80 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I got JTB for Christmas but first started playing it yesterday. Almost everyone are bold and the only visible aliens are Ohnaka and a sim with green skin and two marks on his forehead.

Message 49 of 80 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

finally found the fix for this bug can be found in this twit 

Link

[Edit]

This mod isn't work anymore.

The only choice would be

uninstall the game

install previous updates manually

playing in offline mode

Devil

Message 50 of 80 (996 Views)