Re: [OPEN] [JGB] Townies in Batuu are missing face masks

by Daephene1

Original Post

★★ Novice

Having same issue but I'm on console so mods are not even plausible. New game also. Was so disappointed went back to main neighborhood just to wait out the fix. Batuu is playable but the immersion isn't there for me the way it is. 

Message 31 of 80 (1,735 Views)

★★★ Guide

When I first when the Batuu was when the GP was new, things were quite ok, but when again about a month later, after a pack and few patches later and you can see things are starting to break apart, not only did I met plenty of bald sims, but many no longer even wear their stitution outfits. Lt. Agnon, Rey, Vi, all wore regular everyday clothes. 

Message 32 of 80 (1,719 Views)

★★ Novice
@JordanSinclairrr yep... I have this bug, too. It made the game less immersive. Frown
Message 33 of 80 (1,704 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Before the November patch, my trip to Batuu had aliens in masks. My sim married one and brought her home. Since the patch, my one trip to Batuu had no alien masks anywhere, just bald humans. But the alien from the previous trip did show up in a restaurant in San Myshuno with her mask. So it is only in Batuu that they are not wearing them.

Message 34 of 80 (1,681 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm still seeing this problem after the two December patches.

Message 35 of 80 (1,442 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I seem to have this with certain outfits when on vacation. Alien masks, restaurant staff clothing...it always happens and really makes the new vacation feature a bit dumb...

Message 36 of 80 (1,391 Views)

Re: Townies are only human and Mirialan in Batuu.

★ Guide

there have been two patches and this issue is still not fixed.
can't play the game because the quests need me to differentiate between humans and aliens, but i can't if they don't wear a mask. since there is not much else to do besides the aspiration quests, the pack is very much useless so far.

when will it be fixed?

Message 37 of 80 (1,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes it's been broken for awhile now. Keep waiting for a patch fix but the new patches doesn't resolve it. I'd think the bad reviews on steam and elsewhere would grab attention by now to a problem and they'd fix it being that's most likely the cause from new buyers with no aliens and bald people. Doubt they know it's a bug even. I haven't played my game except to see if it's fixed since this happened. I loved Batuu when I started playing it, now it's the worst and I have no wish to buy any more expansions when I can't get it to work. Journey to Batuu is all about the aliens and feeling inside Star Wars and now it's empty of aliens and the whole feel of it is gone. Please fix Batuu.

Message 38 of 80 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also seeing this issue in my game. It's the first time I played with the pack and I didn't see any aliens. Hondo wears his mask, but he is the only one. So frustrating. Frown 

"Oh, it's a Mace-Windu-Party!"

28.12.20_17-45-07.png

Message 39 of 80 (1,150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Finally had some time over the Holidays to commit to unlocking all of the Batuu items... and the twi'leks have ripped off their lekku When I first got the game (the day it came out) you were able to dress up as an alien, but that is no longer an option either.

It really makes quests tricky because the First Order has a lot of Human specific quests. All the dudes show up as bald, and the females have hair. Most of the aliens have interesting skin tone choices - like a burnt orange color?

Message 40 of 80 (1,101 Views)