Re: [OPEN] [JGB] Townies in Batuu are missing face masks

by LiELF

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Well a new patch came out and it looks like they fixed a crash problem batuu had, but the alien problem has not been fixed. I’m started to get irritated about this I’ve paid $20 for this and I haven’t been able to play it for months now. 

Message 61 of 80 (2,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've clicked me too - had this issue since I bought the pack so haven't been able to play. New update hasn't fixed it either

Message 62 of 80 (2,099 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure where to post this, but I have the same problem, and I've noticed that when you go into cas (to edit your Batuu outfit in Batuu) that most of the outfits, face paint, and hats are missing, but everything shows up fine in home world cas. Also I am using Windows and my friend is using Mac and he has no problems with his game. I mean I don't like the alien faces but still its just not right.

Message 63 of 80 (2,052 Views)

Re: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Sims 4 Aliens showing up bald with no Alien mask

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

(Have clicked Me Too)

Have to admit, not played Sims since November, but came back yesterday with a new game, and noticed this issue. I've tried using testingcheats to modify the offending Baatu townies in CAS and manually applying a new alien hat, but as soon as I exit CAS they get stripped of it again.
I have seen Baatu Townies around with the non alien head hats, so it's not an overall 'hat' issue, just the alien head ones. 

Message 64 of 80 (1,988 Views)

Re: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Sims 4 Aliens showing up bald with no Alien mask

★★ Novice

I went in and edited a Batuu townie to add Zabrak horns. When I got out of CAS he didn't have them, but the next time I saw him, he did. I also had access to all of the CAS items, not just the Batuu pieces. That might be because I went ahead and reactivated the mess of mods I run. If Batuu is gonna be glitched with or without them, it might as well be with them.

Message 65 of 80 (1,923 Views)

Alien, First Order, and Resistance sims are broken in the new update.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Romantic garden, get to work, vampires, luxury party stuff, Journey to Batuu, Holiday celebration, Outdoor retreat, Cats and Dogs, Cool Kitchen stuff, Jungle Adventure, Spooky stuff, Get together, and Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up any sim household, travel to Batuu, and check any sim with a alien mask, or storm trooper/resistance helmet, other than Hondo.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims with journey to Batuu masks or helmets other than the controlled sim when traveling to Batuu, are missing their masks, or helmets causing them to appear bald, And in some cases are missing their entire heads
What do you expect to see? Sims to be wearing the alien masks, and have their first order or resistance helmets, aswell as not have their entire head missing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just bought the Journey to Batuu pack. Have no mods installed currently. I’m on a fresh save, and have tried on every other save. And any time I go to Batuu, all sims with alien masks are bald and missing the mask, with some entire missing their head, with any npc wearing a first order helmet, always missing their head underneath the helmet. It really ruins the experience of the mod, scince almost every sim other than mine is broken when I go to Batuu. I really hope this gets fixed. Frown It seems this has been a bug scince Snowy escape was added judging by bug reports. Can you guys seriously please look at this?

Message 66 of 80 (1,885 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this same problem. I took out all my mods, deleted cache files and tested it with a trip to Batuu. Only Mirialan green skin + facial paints and the Zabrak facial paints show up for alien content on Batuu. The alien masks/horns are all missing and all my Batuu natives appear as bald headed humans & Miralans. It isn't just the alien masks being effected, even the headdresses worn by Mirialans do not show up. Out of all the aliens of Batuu, only Hondo Ohnaka appears normally.

Message 67 of 80 (1,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I too am having this issue, it used to work fine, but this is my first time going there since Snowy Escape came out. I assumed it was because I had just installed my first set of script mods through MC Command Center, a couple mods allowing for Occult powers in Batuu, one that would let me live in El Salvadorada & Granite Falls, as well as one that doesn't force you to be in Batuu only clothing. 

Well I went through, and I check each and every mod through everything, but still the same issue occurred. 

EA REALLY needs to fix this, BUT as a personal potential solution for everyone on this post,

My Reccomendation: 

1) Download the Sims4 Studio (S4S)

2) Inside S4S look for the Star Wars 'masks/appearances'

3) Select each one, and turn them into new items, under the SKIN DETAIL section. (I recommend using the face markings/paints as a like a mole detail, and the horns/lekku as like a forehead slot or something)

a) I did this before I installed any script mods & before Snowy Escape, because I wanted to be able to play a Twi'lek who goes to Batuu, so each neighborhood could be like a dif planet, but in Batuu they restrict you from using alien items, including the Maul/Aayla masks. 

4) In your game, when you're visiting Batuu, and see an NPC that has the face paints, or just a name you think should be x,y,z alien type. Simply open up the cheat window (Control + Shift + C), and type in: testingcheats on

5) In the same window, you'll next want to type in: cas.fulleditmode

a) Please note, that while it will give you a message when you enabled or disable the testing cheats, it won't give you a message when you turn on/off full edit cas. 

6) Shift + Left Click, on the sim you want to fix, then  select "Modify in CAS"

7) Due to full edit mode, you can now apply skin details, by clicking on the sim's head, it'll be in the top options that have a head icon with some bubbles to the right of it.

8) Select your Alien details/Skin tones

9) Hit the check mark to complete the edit, since it's a skin detail, it will show up, even though Batuu sims use a non-editable Batuu outfit.

I know it's a pain and a half to do, but for now at least, it lets us still have our Alien/Star Wars sims in Batuu. Which, to be fair, honestly the main reason this is being overlooked, is due to everyone complaining about the SW pack anyhow, so they probably don't give a damn as far as making it enjoyable/fixable for others.

Like, IMO they should let you Lightsaber Duel anyone, like just add that update in there, and it wouldn't hurt to give some Jedi like connectivity to Spellcasters or something, like Mediums are Linked to Spellcasters nicely....

Anyhow, this is the first sim I fixed, she was generated with Purple eyebrows, black hair, and the Zabrak markings, so I fixed her to add in horns, but I didn't change the eyebrow color.   

144827476_121094309889106_5841887086099884022_n.png

Message 68 of 80 (1,724 Views)

★ Guide

I am also having this problem. I have Sims who never left Batuu and I can see that some of the "Aliens" have changed to look like humans, they are missing their proper heads. No mods or CC in my game, I own everything except Parenthood. Hoping for a bug fix soon!

Message 69 of 80 (1,655 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too. It absolutely sucks since it’s a fairly important piece of the expansion. Sorta makes me mad

Message 70 of 80 (1,443 Views)