Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JA] Stuck in Selvadorada after being invited to event

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions, all of the game packs, most of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I'm invited out to a bar theme night by a Selvadoradan native, I become stuck in the vacation world as I did not choose to vacation there so did not select a time period.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't travel back home until the vacation ends, and I can't end the vacation because I never went on one. Also, it was Aliens Night and not a single alien showed up, probably because there aren't any in Selvadorada.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to just travel home like at the end of any social event, or at least be able to end the vacation. And aliens should be at Aliens Night.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Jungle Adventures

I can probably fix it this time by going on vacation from here and then traveling home, but that costs my sim money every time which I then have to give back to her through cheats, so it interrupts normal gameplay.  The invitation out doesn't even say where the bar is or which bar so I have to just pass on any invitation by anyone who sounds Selvadoradan, which is racist Wink

Message 1 of 11 (5,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [JA] Stuck in Selvadorada after being invited to event

Hero

• Sims will no longer receive invites to the bar in Selvadorada, which would previously leave them stranded in the jungle.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (4,677 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] Stuck in Selvadorada after Alien's Night event

Hero
Giving this a nudge as I didn't have an alien night invitation to test this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (5,088 Views)

★★ Guide

As a similar issue, and don't know if this is by design, but my sim got invited by phone to Ghost Night and ended up in the bar in Selvadorada. Seems to me my sim shouldn't accidentally travel to Selvadorada when not on vacation. My sim started learning Selvadorian Culture skill, but I hadn't planned for that to happen yet. 

Message 3 of 11 (5,066 Views)

Hero
Yeah, sounds like an issue. I'll add on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (5,064 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (5,025 Views)

Champion
I just got this. I had my sim send a flirty text to her boyfriend and he invited her out for drinks at a bar. The bar he picked was the Cantina in Selvadorada. After the drinks were over and he left, my sim was unable to travel outside of Selvadorada, because the map view greys out world selection when you're "on vacation".

My workaround was to save and exit to main menu, then when I could select her home lot, I used the "Visit" option (instead of "play") to teleport her back.

Vacation worlds should probably be excluded from text event invites, as this doesn't seem to be intended behaviour.
Message 6 of 11 (4,923 Views)

★★ Guide
I had this happen when being invited on a date. I couldn't travel through the phone or map, but when I clicked on the home icon on the sims picture and waited until my sim had walked all the way to the spawn spot, I got home
Message 7 of 11 (4,895 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've gotten this kind of invite to the jungle, but it's one 'glitch' I don't mind much as I love the area. My sim(s) have been able to go back home afterward though by clicking the 'go home' button after the event is over. ~shrug~
Message 8 of 11 (4,874 Views)

Hero

• Sims will no longer receive invites to the bar in Selvadorada, which would previously leave them stranded in the jungle.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (4,678 Views)

★ Apprentice

Screenshot (170).png

Screenshot (169).png

Nalani asked out my played sim (Johnny Zest) out on a date to the Selvadorada bar, Cantina “El Árbol del Jaguar”. During the date I went into build mode to place down walls (to trap annoying sims trying to sabotage my date.) After the date was over, Nalani left, but when I selected the phone to travel, I couldn't leave.

Screenshot (172).png

I'm updated to the latest patch and I have no Mods or CC. I have all gamepacks, stuffpacks and expansions EXCEPT for My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff and Tiny Home Stuff.

Message 10 of 11 (3,948 Views)