by funcrunch

Original Post

[FIXED] [JA] Some rocks in Selvadorada do not yield collectibles

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Laundry Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Selvadorada, dig at a speckled rock - not one that has fossil bones or crystals sticking out of it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim goes through the usual motions of digging, then stands up with no collectible acquired.
What do you expect to see? In other worlds the speckled rocks usually produce metals, mysterious boxes, or treasure maps.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've visited Selvadorada with three different Sim families from three different save files, including one started after Jungle Adventure was installed, and I don't think I've ever gotten a mysterious box or treasure map from a rock in that world. The rocks that usually contain fossils and crystals respectively work as expected.

Message 1 of 21 (1,389 Views)

Re: Some rocks in Selvadorada do not yield collectibles

Hero
Did you verify that they still work in other worlds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (1,356 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
Did you verify that they still work in other worlds ?

Yes, it's only in Selvadorada that I'm having the problem with the speckled rocks.

Message 3 of 21 (1,354 Views)

Hero
@funcrunch

Could you tell me a place where I can find such a rock for easier testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (1,325 Views)

★ Pro

I can, Crin.  Stay at the cheapest lodging.  Right next to it are 3 rocks that spawn.  Fossil, crystal and the speckled one.  I've had two different sims dig those rocks.  Fossil works, crystal works, nothing at all from the speckled one.  I haven't tried a speckled rock in a home world yet so don't know if they are working outside of Selvadorada.

Message 5 of 21 (1,322 Views)

Hero
Seems that hasn't respawned for me yet then. Guess I'll try a fresh save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (1,314 Views)

★★ Guide

@dolldrms1 wrote:

I can, Crin.  Stay at the cheapest lodging.  Right next to it are 3 rocks that spawn.  Fossil, crystal and the speckled one.  I've had two different sims dig those rocks.  Fossil works, crystal works, nothing at all from the speckled one.  I haven't tried a speckled rock in a home world yet so don't know if they are working outside of Selvadorada.

Yep, I'm staying at the cheapest lodging with my current save (the one started fresh after installing Jungle Adventures), and all three kinds of rocks reliably spawn there. The speckled rocks definitely work correctly in my home world, Windenburg.

Message 7 of 21 (1,309 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (1,269 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The dig sites in Selvadorada are different than the ones in non-vacation worlds, and our design docs suggest that they're not supposed to yield mystery boxes or treasure maps. Doing so would probably lower the chance of getting Selvadorada-relevant collectibles when digging in Selvadorada. I believe this issue is by design and/or feedback. Thanks! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 21 (1,255 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimGuruNickwrote:

The dig sites in Selvadorada are different than the ones in non-vacation worlds, and our design docs suggest that they're not supposed to yield mystery boxes or treasure maps. Doing so would probably lower the chance of getting Selvadorada-relevant collectibles when digging in Selvadorada. I believe this issue is by design and/or feedback. Thanks! Standard smile

Is it by design that when a Sim digs at a speckled rock in Selvadorada, the digging animation plays but then the Sim stands up with no collectible at all in their inventory and no message? Because that's what's happening; it is specific to the speckled rock appearance shown in the image below. If the dig sites in Selvadorada are only supposed to yield fossils or crystals, then the speckled rocks should either not spawn at all, or show some kind of message when digging at them as it results in no collectible.

selvadorada-speckled-rock-no-collectibles.png

Message 10 of 21 (1,248 Views)