Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] No Authentications Mail for high level Archeology Skill S

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JA] No Authentications Mail for high level Archeology Skill Sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All Gamepacks and stuffpacks: Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Back Yard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen and Perfect Patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sims with perfect level ten in archeology, doesn´t get any authentication mail anymore. They do get notifications about mail. But if not the regular bills, fanletters, gifts or such, nothing shows up in the receivers inventory. (Older both authenticated, and unauthenticated objects, also totally dissappeared from inventory.) No, haven't prohibited the Authentication post for any Sims in the Household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mailbox shows mail to get, but nothing appears in receiving Sims inventory.
What do you expect to see? That the Game is working, as promised. Sims get Authentication mail, and it doesn't dissappear in inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.58.69.1010 The small but important update for Legacy/other things appearently did it for me. Had many major issues with the preUNI patch, and UNI, but my Sims could still receive the authentication mail from the Jungle Adventure Game Pack, Not anymore.

No Authentication mail received. Sims Households with an level 10 Archeology skill, doesn't receive artifacts in mail anymore, for authentication. They don't get Archeology Society notifications either anymore. Sometimes they have get mail option, on the mailbox, but if not for regular, bills, fanmail, gifts and such, the don't receive anything in inventory.  Older artifacts in inventory, both authenticated and not, are also missing. No Haven't  prohibited the option for any of my Households. -And I'm quite sure, it's not a MOD's problem.. Don't use direct game changing moderations. I do use Custom Content in form of Clothes, Hair, Beards, Make Up, and Tattooes. I've removed them for a tryout, and even though my Sims was nearly naked, hairless and quite ugly, they still didn't get any Authentication Mail...Raised eyebrow

Message 1 of 6 (2,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] No Authentications Mail for high level Archeology Skill S

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict  Well started up a Test Dummy Household, didn't get the problem there, but got interrupted by the holidays for futher testing. Today I, went back to Problem Household, played a while, and the Authentication mail was back in game and arrived at inventory too.  Maybe EA by chance, fixed my problem, with other of the Inventory disappearing Issues with the big patch, or my game had some hiccups for a while by it self. Can't call it an active bug atm, anyway. The problem seems to be fixed.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,096 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Compulsivian Did you test this on other Sims that aren't that high in skill and it works for them or do you generally not get any anymore with any Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,165 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict No, haven't tried it for any other Households. I'm also massively  hassled by the disappearing Harvestables bug, and by that only play a already ruined Household. Don't wan't to mess with other existing Sims inventories. But I'm willing to start a new Labrat Sim. Anything I should take notice on, in the process of a new Sim/skilling up, compared to the problem at hand?

Message 3 of 6 (2,139 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Compulsivian I guess just check from which levels you get them and if you get any at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict  Well started up a Test Dummy Household, didn't get the problem there, but got interrupted by the holidays for futher testing. Today I, went back to Problem Household, played a while, and the Authentication mail was back in game and arrived at inventory too.  Maybe EA by chance, fixed my problem, with other of the Inventory disappearing Issues with the big patch, or my game had some hiccups for a while by it self. Can't call it an active bug atm, anyway. The problem seems to be fixed.

Message 5 of 6 (2,097 Views)

Hero
@Compulsivian Happy to hear that.

Going to mark it as fixed for now. If it comes back, just let me know and I'll unmark as solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,083 Views)