Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JA] Multiple defenses are used against pests

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them except the newest stuff pack "My First Pet"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs when my sims are attacked by pests during vacation in Salvadorado.
What happens when the bug occurs? They use multiple sprays or guardians to defend against the pests.
What do you expect to see? I expected that they use only one of the spider repellents or the pollen flower or the bat baits .. for example.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started when the game pack for Salvadorado was installed.

I guess I need to put something here.. but I don't know what else to say about what is happening with this bug.

Message 1 of 10 (1,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] [JA] Multiple defenses are used against pests

Hero

• Only one protective item will now be consumed at a time when it’s used to save a Sim from various animal attacks while exploring the jungle of Selvadorada.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,106 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] Multiple defenses are used against pests

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello,

Have you attempted this in a new save without any mods/cc?

I've played through the temple 5 times and have spent 4 sim weeks in the jungle trying to get all the artifacts.  I've never encountered this problem.  My sim automatically used the right item in her inventory.  Once her logic skill was high enough, she even stopped using the items and instead started using her "brain" to figure out how to "outsmart" the pests.

Anyways, I suspect that one of the mods or cc you had in game during your play may have caused this.

ETA for clarity:  Are you saying that they use multiple different items or multiple of the same items?  That does happen.  When my sim was low skilled, she used 3 of the flowers to fight off the bees.  I chalked that up to her inexperience causing her to be overzealous in her attempts at defense.  As she got higher skilled, she stopped using as many.  

Message 2 of 10 (1,279 Views)

Champion

@Fizzstix, I would have to say that my experience with Jungle Adventure is pretty much what @CarpeNoctemSims reported, with maybe the only difference is that with my Sim, I think she got better at fending off pests and dangers in the jungle more from her increasing her skill at Selvadorian Culture, more than her increasing her skill at Logic. Standard smile

So, just to clarify, is your Sim using something like plasma bat bait to fend off spiders and spider repellent to fend of bees, etc.? Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 10 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

What they are saying is that if you have more than one of the same item, they use the entire stack instead of just one.

Haven't tested yet

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Fizzstix 

Realise Crin is testing it out, just thought I'd add the fact that may help others stumbling across the thread as well.. having watched so many streamers with the pack; 'pre-release', I was pretty horrified with all the pests! lol, Large smile so when I bought the pack I made sure that I used a prior Sim that had the Herbalism Skill at max and prepared a heap of Insect Repellant batches before traveling to Salvadorado - and this actually saved her from all the bats, spiders & pests that she came across, very relieved and she's now up to level 7, but haven't played as much recently.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 5 of 10 (1,257 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As Crin said.. it is several of the same item to fend of the pest. While playing more.. it approximately half of what she is carrying. For example, if she has 17 bat baits, she'll toss 8 of them. I've also seen her toss her last 2. Her current salvadoradian skill is 4. So I don't know why she would still be tossing so many of her goods away if it is based that skill. My other sim is now max at 5. Also to address the question about it being a save with out mods. It is.. it is a brand new save without mods.. new sims fresh out of the CAS.

Message 6 of 10 (1,235 Views)

Champion

@Fizzstixand @crinrict , thank you for clarifying! Standard smile  I'm sorry I misunderstood! Embarrassed  Yes, while I hadn't noticed that except one time (when my Sim happened to be low on their Selvadorian cultural level), I can see how this would be a huge waste! Frown While I would not have a problem with using a money cheat to make up for the money lost on these wasted items, I realize that many people don't like using these cheats under any circumstances, and this bug could be a huge problem in their game! Disappointed

@Sashas0nic, iv'e been meaning to test a high Herbalism skilled Sim in the Selvadorian jungle, but hadn't gotten around to it!  Thanks for your information! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 10 (1,207 Views)

Hero
No need to be sorry. It's sometimes not easy to know what people mean.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,205 Views)

Hero

• Only one protective item will now be consumed at a time when it’s used to save a Sim from various animal attacks while exploring the jungle of Selvadorada.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,107 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yay! this makes me very happy they patched it!
Message 10 of 10 (1,095 Views)