Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JA] Mood doesn't change with emotion berries

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Perfect Patio, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim eat an emotion berry from the tree of emotions
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets +1 happy "Just okay" moodlet from eating a harvestable. No mood change occurs.
What do you expect to see? The sim's mood should change according to the berry they ate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/19/18 Seasons Patch

I can't get my sim's mood to change using the emotion berries. I haven't used them in a while, but I'm pretty sure this started after yesterday's patch.

Message 1 of 24 (3,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [JA] Mood doesn't change with emotion berries

Hero

• Emotion berries now provide emotions again, which is a berry good thing.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.88

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 24 (2,686 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] Mood doesn't change with emotion berries

Hero
Hi @mistwolf7

I can see what you're describing. Not sure how it worked before. Was it ever dependent on the quality ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (3,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not that I recall. Last time I used emotion berries I just picked them off of the trees either on the trail or just outside the temple and never had a problem before. I've only ever gone exploring with one other sim before, so maybe someone more experienced with JA would know if there's some kind of skill or quality that I need to raise to get this to work.

Message 3 of 24 (3,089 Views)

Mood Not Changing with Emotion Berries

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Livings, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Jungle, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eating the emotion-berries from the Emotion Trees found in Jungle Adventure (specifically I tired the Confidence berries the most, but I tried a at least one of every berry) - eat from one of the pre-spawned trees in the jungle or by the temple
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim eats one (or several) of the emotion berries meant to induce a specific emotion (in this case - my sim ate several of the Confidence berries). Regardless of the number of berries eaten, there are no moodlet changes.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see a Confidence moodlet from the berry. I have not used these emotion berries before, so I am not sure which moodlet specifically I should have seen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue seems to have occurred after the 6/19/2018 patch

I have this issue in addition to the "Cheats not working" problem that many others seem to have encountered with this patch. When the mood berries did not work, I attempted to:

Ctrl+Shift+C

TestingCheats True

Sims.add_buff [MOOD]High

Which also had no effect. The cheat problem seems to be better reported than my mood-berry problem, however.

(Adding skill cheats, altering relationship cheats also not working since the patch)

Message 4 of 24 (3,073 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Normal berries worked perfectly before. Now Perfect berries do nothing (although my sim does like eating the fruit).
Message 5 of 24 (3,074 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (3,017 Views)

★★ Pro
Yes I have the same issue
Message 7 of 24 (2,946 Views)

Re: Sims 4 level up cheats not working after update

★★★★ Novice

Mood berries are not working as well! 

Message 8 of 24 (3,240 Views)

★★ Guide

It's happening to me as well. This is my first time returning to the jungle since the patch and the berries aren't giving the emotion needed to disarm a trap. It was definitely not like this before the patch. I used a berry that was harvested during my pre-patch visit and harvested more from a tree and it's giving the same result.  Their mood doesn't change and I'm getting the "It's Just Ok" buff.

Message 9 of 24 (2,909 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Sam issue here.

At first I thought it might be not working outside the Jungle, but then I remembered that I used a berry to get into the ideal mood for work.

Must've been the patch!

Message 10 of 24 (2,871 Views)