Re: [OPEN] [JA] Mood doesn't change with emotion berries

by REDSOXS49ERS

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I used these berries constantly both harvested from the jungle and with trees on my sims lot.  They always worked pre patch regardless of quality and now don’t work at all.  Sims only register they have eaten a harvestable like any other.  I tried various mood berries on different sims within the family and had the same result.

Message 11 of 24 (1,056 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The berries never worked for children (probably to avoid flirty mood).

Message 12 of 24 (1,044 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still a problem, and a pretty big one.  You literally can't play this expansion without this functionality.  There's a plate I need to be a particular emotion for and I can't step on it because the berries aren't working.  Please fix this.  (although with Sims this is pretty much par for the course)

Message 13 of 24 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to find a temporary work around. Good news is the emotion potions in the aspiration rewards store work. Bad news is they cost 200 aspiration points a pop. This can eat up any points you might be saving for a more useful reward if you have to spend 800 each plate trigger. 

Message 14 of 24 (997 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i recently bought Jungle adventures about 1 week before the release of the patch and it worked perfectly at that point. But after the patch it stopped working and going through a temple is pretty dangerous now

Message 15 of 24 (939 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same issue. Annoying. My sim is a vampire, but she doesn't have any emotion altering, so it isn't that.
Message 16 of 24 (910 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have also had this issue, and I was informed by tech support to respond to this thread so that I'd be notified when it was fixed.

My experience with this bug:

1) After the Seasons patch (I'm not sure if it was the pre patch or the one at launch), I noticed that the Tree of Emotions was no longer one tree, but seven trees for each berry, so I replanted all of them.

2) When I ate the berries (old ones in my inventory and the new), none of them gave me an emotion buff, just a "I'm happy I ate a harvestable" buff.
3) I traveled to Selvadorada, reharvested everything. None of those were giving an emotion buff either.

4) Came back to my garden and one tree was once again growing all types of berries, but none of the others were. And they still weren't giving me an emotion buff.
5) Figured I'd had enough of that nonsense and messaged tech support.

Message 17 of 24 (893 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Just applied the 6/26/18 patch and first tried one of my favorite cheats (sims.add_buff inspiredhigh) but it still didn't work. Tried sims.remove_all_buffs. Nope. Fed her a museberry (one picked in the jungle so just "normal") and got the so-so taste, but no emotion-berry inspiration. It's still broken. Frown I want my cheats back! It's really hard to go thru the Temple without either emotion berries or buff cheats. *boohoo*
Message 18 of 24 (876 Views)

Hero
Hi @Eleemosynary

the cheats were removed purposefully. They are still looking into which ones they wanna bring back but currently, that's no longer treated as a bug.

If you have more not working, please consult the Cheats collection thread for more information: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6382726#M45243

The berries on the otherhand are treated as bug and will hopefully be fixed soonish.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 24 (848 Views)

★★ Guide

I just got this GP and I was wondering if I was missing something.

I had gathered the berries to hopefully have an easier time handling those pressure plates that require you to stand on them while in specific emotions, but when I tried to use the berries to get in the right mood, they just gave the normal harvestable Happy moodlet.

I guess I can just hope this is fixed sooner rather than later.

At least I can "work around" this since I have Vampires and just bring along one of my Vampires who knows the Influence Mood power.

Message 20 of 24 (794 Views)