I used these berries constantly both harvested from the jungle and with trees on my sims lot. They always worked pre patch regardless of quality and now don’t work at all. Sims only register they have eaten a harvestable like any other. I tried various mood berries on different sims within the family and had the same result.
This is still a problem, and a pretty big one. You literally can't play this expansion without this functionality. There's a plate I need to be a particular emotion for and I can't step on it because the berries aren't working. Please fix this. (although with Sims this is pretty much par for the course)
I was able to find a temporary work around. Good news is the emotion potions in the aspiration rewards store work. Bad news is they cost 200 aspiration points a pop. This can eat up any points you might be saving for a more useful reward if you have to spend 800 each plate trigger.
i recently bought Jungle adventures about 1 week before the release of the patch and it worked perfectly at that point. But after the patch it stopped working and going through a temple is pretty dangerous now
I have also had this issue, and I was informed by tech support to respond to this thread so that I'd be notified when it was fixed.
My experience with this bug:
1) After the Seasons patch (I'm not sure if it was the pre patch or the one at launch), I noticed that the Tree of Emotions was no longer one tree, but seven trees for each berry, so I replanted all of them.
2) When I ate the berries (old ones in my inventory and the new), none of them gave me an emotion buff, just a "I'm happy I ate a harvestable" buff.
3) I traveled to Selvadorada, reharvested everything. None of those were giving an emotion buff either.
4) Came back to my garden and one tree was once again growing all types of berries, but none of the others were. And they still weren't giving me an emotion buff.
5) Figured I'd had enough of that nonsense and messaged tech support.
I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.
I just got this GP and I was wondering if I was missing something.
I had gathered the berries to hopefully have an easier time handling those pressure plates that require you to stand on them while in specific emotions, but when I tried to use the berries to get in the right mood, they just gave the normal harvestable Happy moodlet.
I guess I can just hope this is fixed sooner rather than later.
At least I can "work around" this since I have Vampires and just bring along one of my Vampires who knows the Influence Mood power.