Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JA] Color filter doesn't work for build items

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living, Strangerville, Vampires, Bowling Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Go to Build/Buy Mode 2) Go to Build 3) Select Wall Patterns 4) Narrow to just tiles (this is just the easiest way to watch it happen) 5) Filter by Packs and choose the Jungle Adventure DLC 6) Note the first one (named Small Tiles) is a BLUE tile pattern 7) Filter by color and choose blue 8) Notice the blue tile wall pattern is gone even though it was clearly blue
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects in build/buy mode that are of the corresponding color of the filter are not available when selecting their color filter, almost like there is no color information associated with the item (it doesn't appear even when you select all the colors).
What do you expect to see? Objects in build/buy mode should appear when their associated color is selected from the filter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The set of steps given to recreate the problem are very specific, but that's only because it's the easiest/fastest way to see the problem without having to look at every single item (or notice it by chance like I did). It happens to more objects than this and not specific to wall patterns or the Jungle Adventure DLC. I also noticed that it happened with the Bunny Totem kids decoration which appears to be part of the base game, not any one particular pack. I don't know if this happened after any particular patch or update because I only get to play for a little bit every few months or so due to work and school obligations, so this was probably the first time I've played since December.

Message 1 of 5 (956 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] Color filter doesn't work for wall patterns

Hero

Several objects were not properly being found when using color filters. These should be filterable now.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (766 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

No color seems to functionate with walls of djungle adventures. You can choose first walls of djungle adventure and than try any color: red, blue, orange. No walls to see.

Message 2 of 5 (912 Views)

★★ Novice

The above poster gave me the thought to check if it was just wall patterns, it's not. Color filter also doesn't work for floor patterns, specifically for JA. 

I do want to reiterate that I don't believe the problem is specific to wall patterns, that was just the easiest example to give that doesn't involve someone scrolling through a dozen items to find the one that isn't there.

I actually first noticed the problem not with the wall pattern, but first with the Bunny Totem in Kids Decorations. It's a little wall decal with 3 colors, but even with all the colors selected, the Bunny Totem is not an option.

Message 3 of 5 (900 Views)

Hero
@jiejones From what I can tell it's most build items. Buy seems to be fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (880 Views)

Hero

Several objects were not properly being found when using color filters. These should be filterable now.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (767 Views)