Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JA] Artifacts revert to unauthenticated after saving to library

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them up to and including Jungle Adventures
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place your authenticated artifacts in to a room, save the room to your library. Place the room from your library back into your game.
What happens when the bug occurs? All authenticated artifacts (except the counterfeit ones) revert back to unauthenticated state. If you try to send them away to get authenticated you get charged but they stay there and you don't get anything in the mail. Re-authenticating the poor quality artifacts sometimes removes their poor quality visual. (they will look just like the excellent quality ones but have the poor quality text and price)
What do you expect to see? Authenticated artifacts with the poor quality ones retaining their poor visual appearance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Poor Looking.jpg

Message 1 of 9 (2,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] Artifacts revert to unauthenticated after saving to library

Hero

• Authenticated artifacts will now maintain their authenticated appearance after being placed from My Library.

Fixed in Patch 1.42.30

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (2,086 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Just giving this a nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,422 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hello,

I was wondering if this has been looked into by anybody officially at EA, yet?

This is severely hindering the ability of builders to use items from this pack. They can't be used in builds because they don't maintain their appearance and value.

Thank you.
Message 3 of 9 (2,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

They won't comment on every thread just to say that they are aware.

This forum is read by them and I forward stuff to EA 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi everyone!,

As Crin stated, we are fully aware of the stuff that you post here in AHQ. It sometimes takes more time for us to post, but we definitely pay attention to you guys.

As for this issue, we have been able to reproduce it, and we are currently working on it. 

Thank you very much!  

Message 5 of 9 (2,102 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,073 Views)

Hero

• Authenticated artifacts will now maintain their authenticated appearance after being placed from My Library.

Fixed in Patch 1.42.30

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,087 Views)

★★ Novice

When I placed a room from the Library, all of the artifacts remained authenticated, but they had all changed to poor quality and dropped significantly in value.

I tried just having my Sims move and keeping all their furniture (I saved the treasure room to the Library so I wouldn't have to recreate it in their new house). Now the artifacts have retained their appearance and value but they are all poor quality.

Not a huge deal, but frustrating!

Message 8 of 9 (1,858 Views)

Hero
Please create a new thread for that. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,845 Views)