Re: Items no longer owned after moving

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims no longer own their furniture after moving household

Hero
Don't think so. I usually lock and archive or merge if a new one is made. Since I didn't for this one, I don't think there's a new one.

Feel free to open one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 69 (2,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks crinrict - I'll just keep my fingers crossed that everything gets sorted in a patch soon!
Message 61 of 69 (2,641 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did share my save file with the devs. I then took a break from the Sims b/c of all the bugs and the Book of Life wasn't working which was kind of my last straw. Came back and found now Book of Life is working, yay! Got the latest expansion and stuff packs and so far so good for the past couple of days everything's been working. Yesterday I upgraded my video card to a GeForce GTX1080 but that is ALL I did. No added mods, no new software, nothing. Today I start the game for the first time with the new video card... and stuff in my sim's fridge and on the replicator machine isn't his. I was hoping this bug of ownership would be fixed - moving house does NOT solve it as I had already moved due to lag and loss of ownership of items in another lot. Any progress with this? It just seems to occur out of the blue. 

Sim does not own this item.

Message 62 of 69 (2,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi  @EmpathyHeals

could you create a new thread for me as this one doesn't use the template. 

Thanks.

Going to lock this. Anyone that still sees this, please create a new thread. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 69 (2,522 Views)

Hero
@sarahnorthway Merged a very old thread into yours. Thanks for making a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 69 (2,325 Views)

Hero

As there was a big patch today, could someone test this if it's any different ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 69 (2,308 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had my sim move from Newcrest to a penthouse in San Myshuno and they 'kept furniture' and the inventory in the storage items did transfer to their new lot and it appears to belong to them as I can drag inventory out of the fridge/toy box/etc and into the sim's personal inventory with no problems.

Though they had a portable laptop on the old lot and it was put in her personal inventory instead of the household inventory (and I had a message when I arrived on the new lot).

This is since Tuesday's (Jun 18/19) update (ie game version PC 1.52.100.1020) with all the packs installed. No mods/cc.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 67 of 69 (16,770 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know if this bug came back or it never went away but I am experiencing it after moving too! Sorry if I am 'necro'ing a post' but the game did it first for necro'ing this bug.

Message 68 of 69 (1,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@OrigAccountSUX This one was fixed. Please make a new thread if you still have issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 69 (1,796 Views)