[FIXED] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Re: Items missing from personal inventory upon moving house

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue since the November 20 patch (version 1.47.51) ?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 61 of 193 (1,909 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I came here looking for a thread with my issue and this is closest I could find. I received Jungle Adventure on Christmas Eve and loaded it up on Christmas. I made a new Sim and sent him to Selvadorada. He rented the cheapest house, went to the marketplace and picked up a few items. The next day, again to the marketplace and then into the jungle via the trailhead. After he successfully raided the temple, I sent him to the museum the next day to use the archaeology table. He kept getting interrupted though by other Sims wanting to talk, which was very annoying so I had him buy an archaeology table and go back to his lodging.

He'd found one crystal already, an Amazonite (sp?) but needed more because he'd found some relic tops/bottoms so I had him dig a couple rocks and he got another one. Back inside his rental, he clicked on the table to refine one of them and I noticed he only had one now. The other one had disappeared. I just shrugged it off as a glitch and had him keep going to uncover artifacts and authenticate. I had four spider spray bottles left in his inventory and decided he would leave when they were all gone. The rental had a creepy crawlies lot trait and spiders kept landing on him as he worked. Spray bottles gone, he went home to his Mid-Nowhere lot in Windenberg.

I used the simoleons he had from selling his loot to build him a nice little house and had him work on finishing authenticating/uncovering items and then he went to bed. The next day I had him assemble the three tops/bottoms of his relics and then since his funds were getting low I decided to send him around the island to dig, collect harvestables and fish for some extra simoleons. My goal was to send him back to Selvadorada again and explore where he hadn't been yet.

I opened his personal inventory to see if he had any bait to fish with and noticed one of his assembled relics was missing! And, here's the weird part, he had a bottle of spider spray in there! o.O Now, I know for a fact he didn't have any when he left Selvadorada, that's the reason he left in the first place. I'm wondering if somehow the relic morphed into the spider spray? If so, why? And how?

Anyway, I pulled the remaining two relics out of his personal inventory so they wouldn't possibly disappear, opened the cheat box, entered testingcheats true, then used the money cheat to give him back the price of the relic. I made sure to turn those cheats off afterward and sent him out and about in the neighborhood as planned. As he was collecting, I sold his loot through the inventory box and encountered another problem with his inventory. He'd collected a number of snapdragons, but three of them were unselectable. I couldn't drag them to be sold or do anything with them. I could for other snapdragon 'seeds' he'd collected but not those three for some reason.

That was the last straw, I'd already logged out of this save file once before playing earlier because the loading screen music was playing overtop of each other when I first loaded the save. This time instead of just reloading the game, I did a repair. I haven't been back in game yet to see if it fixed the problem.

I play on an HP Pavilion Gamiing Desktop 790-00XX Intel core i3 8100 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 3.60 GHz 8.00 GB Windows 10 Home. I have never used any mods or CC. I have everything except; Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, Bowling, Fitness, Kids, Toddlers, and MFP. 

If you need a copy of my save game where this problem has occurred, let me know. Thank you!

Message 62 of 193 (1,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, forgot to add that I have 1TB of storage with 830 GB free for my hard drive and do not have an SS drive. I also have an NVIDIA GeForce 1050 dedicated graphics card. I always clean out cache files, the localthumbnail package, spotlight file, any screenshots I've taken, tray items and extra saves before/after each game session too.

Message 63 of 193 (1,862 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Karababy52 

Are you still seeing this issue?  If so, could you share affected save files?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 64 of 193 (1,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it did happen once more to one crystal from the same rental lot in Selvadorada as before. I haven't played that save file since January 1, 2019 though so I don't know if it's still a problem. I included a link to the save file inside a folder on Google Drive for you though if you'd like to take a look at it. Thank you for getting back with me!

Brock Langston Jungle Explorer Save file

EDIT: Correction - That's just the save file. I had uploaded it in a folder on my Google Drive, but couldn't attach it down below for some reason. I've never sent anyone a file using Google Drive, so hopefully you get this without a problem. Let me know. 

Message 65 of 193 (1,806 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We're still having trouble reproducing this issue, even with the provide save file. If anyone else is having this issue, your save file would also be greatly appreciated, thanks so much for the help! 

Message 66 of 193 (1,763 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★ Apprentice
  • Do you play rotationally ?  No
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ?
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ?    I was working on the music aspiration. I had to compose 4 songs.  I composed 2 songs.  Both are now missing.  However, I am able to sing the songs by their title.  I was vacationing in Granite Falls.
  • Are you playing an kind of active career ?   I am a painter
  • Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ?  Only the songs I composed while on vacation.  I will try again when my sim goes home.  Just wasted 12 sim hours composing.
Message 67 of 193 (1,712 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Windows 10 English
Message 68 of 193 (1,711 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I also noticed during the vacation in GF my sim would roast fish on the fire pit, start eating, then would try to roast tofu dogs before she finished eating the fish. I couldn't see the fish in her inventory, but when i cancelled the action she walked inside and put the plate of roasted fish on the table. I've also noticed plants in the home world and the vacation worlds not blossoming. This is after time elapsed where they would usually be ready to harvest
Message 69 of 193 (1,710 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mljones88With Seasons installed the plants in any world will only grow at certain times. Except for the "unidentified" plants in Granite Falls you should be able to hover over plants to see what season to expect them to bloom.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 70 of 193 (1,665 Views)