Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by Vanillatrez

Original Post

Re: Sim's inventory resetting after load screen

★ Apprentice

I don't really know who to give my save info to.. but I have it and a couple videos on google docs.. it doesn't say who to give the shareable link to honestly..

Message 141 of 193 (1,571 Views)

Re: Sim's inventory resetting after load screen

Hero
@Rabbitzan12 All info is given in this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

You can share PM to any Sims Team member you see posting here, post it publicly in the thread, or send it to me to forward.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 142 of 193 (1,554 Views)

Inventory won't stay updated

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It started once I took my sim to University, Britechester
What happens when the bug occurs? My inventory disappears as soon as I travel through lots. I've sold things and they suddenly come back into my inventory. I started a new term, went to class, traveled to the dorm, and my presentation board disappeared.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my inventory updated as it should be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims inventory won't stay updated. This was as soon as she moved to Uni. If she buys things they disappear, if she sells things they come back. Happens a lot when she travels. 

Message 143 of 193 (1,521 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★ Novice

I also just started having this issue after installing University/Realm of Magic! I go to buy items in the magic realm and as soon as my active Sim goes home *poof*. It also happened to my Victor Goth character when traveling (not to the magic realm, just another lot in Oasis Springs) and to my student at University when she went on a date. If a whole family travels, only the active Sim's inventory is dumped. The rest of the family still has their stuff. Too bad for my one household witch sim!!

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All that are currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to another lot/location. It happens when traveling to any lot, going on a date, going to the magic realm, etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anything in my Sims' inventory disappears when traveling to another lot. All items including purchased items, not just collectibles. The personal inventory is totally empty.
What do you expect to see?I would expect to see everything stay in my sim's inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but this issue persists even without mods/custom content.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes it started happening after I installed University/Realm of Magic (I installed them at the same time).

Message 144 of 193 (1,511 Views)

Re: Inventory won't stay updated

Hero
@coleycoles Merged your post with existing thread.

Please provide your save to QA (see instructions above)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 193 (1,494 Views)

Disappearing inventory...Again

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the game, put any collectibles or harvestable into your inventory, got to a different lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my harvestable and collectibles disappear.
What do you expect to see? My inventory shouldn't be disappearing when I change lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is something that was allegedly already fixed before but considering my game is up to date and it's still happening I'm going to go ahead and say that it isn't fixed. It is messing up my entire story progression and it honestly makes me not want to continue to play because what is the point if my whole inventory is going to disappear anytime I move to another lot.

Message 146 of 193 (1,443 Views)

Re: Disappearing inventory...Again

Hero
@Rachelmengert This was only fixed for a specific issue with harvestables.

There's many people still having issues with collectibles as such.

I merged your post with the current thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 147 of 193 (1,433 Views)

Items disappear from personal inventory after traveling

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: All of the packs. Game packs: All except StrangerVille and Parenthood Stuff packs: Moschino, Bowling Night, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim travel to a different lot or going to work with the sim (such as Actor/Actress career)
What happens when the bug occurs? Items in sim's personal inventory keep randomly disappearing after traveling every time. Every sim in the household has lost some of their items at some point. Some sim lost 80% of their inventory, other sim lost only one or two items. Things that disappeared so far: photos, camera, cooked food, medicine, crystals, metals, celebrity autographs, harvestable, aqua-zip, beach towel, pet toys, presentation board, college homework. Also, there is a similar problem with the sim's daily work task. In my case, my Actor sim finishes the prep task before going to work but whenever he goes to his acting gig (with me joining), the prep tasks reset to "Not Started"
What do you expect to see? Items should stay in sim's inventory after each travel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried repairing the game through Origin but the bug persists and I have never installed any mods with the game. The inventory and work prep task bug seems to exist after the Discover University pack.

However, there is another similar problem that exists since the first time I downloaded this game: friends in my sim's contact book randomly disappear. My sim would become friends with other sims but then days later forget that they met before and then become complete strangers (friendship progress bar resets and my sim has to re-introduce himself). Even when my sim has the reward trait (forgot the name) that prevents friendship from decreasing due to no interaction with each other, the problem persists.

Message 148 of 193 (1,418 Views)

Re: Items disappear from personal inventory after traveling

Hero
@GGslays I merged your post with the current thread on this.

For the actor prep, see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/td-p/853357...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 149 of 193 (1,382 Views)

Re: analyzing ocean samples may sometimes make personal inventory vanish.

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Mieyonna04 wrote:
@Saturn-SublimeThis is happening to me in university. Repair parts, laptops, bike....my presentation board. I watched a laptop wink out when she finished using it. It’s not going into the inventory it’s just vanishing. Frown

Did your Sim have a laptop of their own in their inventory? Discover University includes a surprise feature. Sims without laptops will have one magically appear and disappear.  Not sure exactly what triggers it but I have especially seen it happen on library type lots.
That does not explain the other missing items but might be an explanation for the laptop.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 150 of 193 (1,342 Views)