Re: [OPEN] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by gardenlobster

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★ Apprentice

I've been playing only IL  since last Friday.  The grandmother and her granddaughter.  The grandmother could harvest coconuts after the plant matured but they never showed up in her inventory.  She did catch a coconut when fishing and I saw it in her inventory but when she got back to her lot and went to plant the coconut it was missing.  The taro and pineapple plants never matured.  The granddaughter was able to harvest a taro root ( after her grandmother died ) but now there are no pineapple plants to be found and only one coconut tree plant which hasn't matured. I'm afraid when they do grow mature it won't matter.  She also lost all new seeds from seed packets left by the gnomes.  It was maddening.  Have all the TS4 games to date and never download CC.  Not noticed anything else missing.

Message 81 of 193 (1,916 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem with one of my adult sims in my first saved game. I just now added the full house mod by twistedmexi and made sure the scripted mods were enabled first then after making some adjustments to my game, I removed this mod first and disabled script mods. Also, I tried a fix that involved saving an old folder to desktop and moving saves, tray, and custom music, and deleted my screenshots to get rid of some previous issues (didn’t work). After this, I noticed my adult sim was missing crystals, plants, and other things for her syrums and building devices, she’s a scientist, in her inventory but everything else was still there.

Message 82 of 193 (1,903 Views)

please help!

★★★ Novice

please help!

I have noticed in my sims game island living, my boats, jetskis and a lot of other items keep disappearing causing me to have to buy them all over. is anyone else having this problem or know what would cause it?

Message 83 of 193 (1,912 Views)

Re: please help!

Hero
@tracie2233 Moved your post over to current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 193 (1,887 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★ Apprentice
@Gramcrackrs Some items do disappear after traveling I have found. Doesn't affect going to work but happens after going to one of the other islands for fishing. Can't find the original area with info I read here. My bookmarks like to disappear also, I guess.
Message 85 of 193 (1,694 Views)

★ Apprentice

Gotta love how this has been a problem for years. If anything its only gotten worse. So annoying when you lose things like trimmings from another seasons plant on your gardener. Maybe it will be fixed in Sims 5 along with a halfway decent inventory system....

Message 86 of 193 (1,604 Views)

★ Pro

My Sim living in Sulani keeps losing his expensive camera and earbuds every time he travels. This is new since IL.

Message 87 of 193 (1,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My Conservationist sim was given the task to patrol the ocean today and her Conservationist Canoe is missing. It's not at her home lot or at the last lot where she used it (and then put it back in her inventory). Also, she had 8 remaining mermadic kelp in her inventory but now only has 7 (only she and her partner ate them).

Message 88 of 193 (1,547 Views)

Archeology Items Going Missing

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? the latest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and packs except the Moschino one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bring someone home from vacation with archeology items in their inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? The items go missing
What do you expect to see? Them bring the items they get from archeology home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has only just started happening

When i come home from an archeology vacation almost all archeology items go missing , which means i cannot complete my collection in my households as i like to display the collections 

Message 89 of 193 (1,488 Views)

Re: Archeology Items Going Missing

Hero
@YorksRob There's a few threads on this but yours seems to be specific. I tested this on my own game and had no issues with all the archaeology items still being in my inventory when I came back.

Did you test this without mods installed as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 193 (1,464 Views)