Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by 2hCreations

Original Post

★ Guide

Same problem. Some items in the sim's inventory disappear. But not all items, and not all sims.

On one occasion, a sim was gathering plants related to Vampires (garlic and so on). I left the game, and when I came back to play, her whole inventory was gone.
On another occasion, another sim was collecting frogs and keeping them in her inventory for breeding purposes. I went to play with another family, and when I came back to her, all the frogs from her inventory were gone, but the feathers she had collected were still there.

• Do you play rotationally ? Yes
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ? No
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ? No vacation or travelling. 
  • Are you playing an kind of active career ? Not for those two sims
  • Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ? plants, frogs
Message 31 of 193 (2,834 Views)

Hero

Most of the posts here could be related to the flea market issue but I'm leaving them here for now (moved some over).

If you're issue is related to the flea market, please post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-NPC-played-Sims-sell-buy-their-stuff-at-flea-market/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 193 (2,789 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey @crinrict - I have not been to a flea market in all the time I have been playing this save, so I would doubt that this is the issue I am having. Unless just the very act of the flea market as an in-game activity is the issue?!

Message 33 of 193 (2,780 Views)

Hero
Hi @Simming_Spoonie

I'm unsure if you actually have to go there but there seem other factors involved cause one of the users in this thread stated they don't even have CL.

That's why I'm keeping threads separate at this point.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 193 (2,773 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had a similar issue, and my sims haven't gone to the Flea Market.

I was playing a brand new save, no CC/Mods, no rotation, and I was playing around with the new gardening harvestables. Any time one of the Sims left their lot, their inventory was wiped out unless I saved first - but only harvestables (that's all I was playing with). I definitely hadn't been to the flea market at all.

Message 35 of 193 (2,749 Views)

Hero

Hi @superkyle221

do you have a save from before your inventory got wiped where it happens reproducibly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 193 (2,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hiya!  I have this issue.  here is what I found.

Last night I played.  One sim went to work, one sim went to Oasis Springs to collect stuff.  traveled to several locations.  came home and the sim that had gone to work had nothing in their inventory.  (They had a bunch of stuff).  I did not save.

Today I tried again, this time I moved a bunch of stuff (not all) into a Chest and sent one sim to work and sent the one sim collecting in Oasis Springs again.  Came home and again everything  not move to the box (From the working sim) was gone.  I quit without saving again.

Then I tried again.  Moved most stuff to chest.  KEPT SIM HOME FROM WORK (That's what I did differently this time), sent sim to oasis springs to collect stuff and when I got home the sim still had their stuff!!   

So to me, it seemed like the sim going to work while the sim was collecting has something major to do with it.  The working sim is a gardener, and so I just choose to have her "work from home" this last time.   Just thought I would share since I was checking this thread before I gave it the last try.  I have saved now and I will look out for this issue in the future.  

Message 37 of 193 (2,690 Views)

★★ Guide

I also had this happen to a Sim of mine recently.

While at a Humor and Hijinks Festival in San Myshuno, one of the two Sims I had attend it had to leave and go to Work midway through it.

So they ran off to the lot's entry/exit point and went off to work, while the second Sim stayed at the Festival.

A few in-game hours later, the prizes for the hackathon were given out, and for some reason the Sim who had went off to work just came back on their own, far before their workday was over.

I take control of them to send them back, but I can't. (separate issue it seems)

But then I look in their personal inventory, and I notice they're suddenly missing a LOT of the items they had been carrying.

Not every item, though.

Some stacks of items had lost a portion of the stack, for example they had been carrying about 50 Sunsurfer Frogs, but suddenly they only had 1.

Some were completely gone, for example they had a SimRay from their days of working as a Scientist, but it was gone. As were all 20 of their Plasma Packs.

The items were all still there before they had left for work from the Festival, but it seemed like the combination of the Festival prize giveaway, and them being at work and leaving early on their own, could've been connected.

I kind of wish I kept multiple saves before this incident.

Message 38 of 193 (2,653 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok so this problem has just happened to me. I only have one save with multiple different households. Of all my households this has just happened with my new character I created 4 days ago. 

• Do you play rotationally ? Yes
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ? Did go to a flea market and purchased a chair which is still in my household inventory but the 2 snowglobes I bought are missing from my personal inventory but they show as found in my collection.
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in gf or s ?
  • Did you travel with your sim ? I noticed the first time at work as a scientist when I went to make a serum and I did not have the stuff I needed when I know I have them the last time I was at work. Then I kept playing thinking nothing of it as maybe I used them for cooking. Then I realized after picking up a bunch of stuff during my shift and after like frog, crystals and other collectable items they were all gone.
  • Are you playing an kind of active career ? Yes, scientist
  • Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ? Only collectible stuff. Anything grown and harvested, seed packets, anything found from digging.

I am still playing around to see if it is a specific trigger but I have not been able to figure it out. Also I have left the household with the issue and have not had that issue with any other household. The household with the issue is one sim who is a collector and scientist. I have another household who was a doctor and never had these issues with her when I joined her for work. I was testing my problem sim. I purchased a seed package, opened it. Went to manage worlds to another household. Went back to her and the veggies were gone. 

EDIT (crin): Changed all-caps for readability. Please be also aware that it's considered shouting on the Internet and against the TOS of AHQ

Message 39 of 193 (2,578 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

Hero

Hi @CrystakRocks 

There's this issue with the flea market: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-NPC-played-Sims-sell-buy-their-stuff-at-flea-market/... .. did you loose your inventory in another family or while you were playing the same one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 193 (2,565 Views)