[FIXED] Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

by reboot2019

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

the auto solve for energy and fun has stopped working for my household after the last update and the game no longer recreates a cache! I installed the update this morning, repaired the game after noticing the Sims auto solve functions had become buggy, but they're still not working and I have no cache

Initially I thought it had something to do with their energy levels as clicking on the energy button for a Sim with green energy level prompts them to nap on the sofa, relax in the hot tub or grab a mug of coffee, but as soon as their energy level becomes orange and red they have no idea what to do and just stand complaining about being tired.

I also thought it could be something to do with door locks and claiming beds, in a 5 Sim household all the bedroom doors were locked and accessible for one Sim only and the bed in that room had already been claimed by that Sim, however unlocking all the doors made no difference, I didn't try replacing the beds though. I gave up Frown

the exception file has loads of ...\autonomy_modes.py", line 1678, in _score_object_interactions_gen
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 2212, in _process_scored_interaction
AttributeError: 'float' object has no attribute... none of which makes any sense!

Last night good game - today lunacy! I have no mods or CC installed although the house is from the gallery.

edit: I just tried a fresh game and even though all of the auto solve buttons work the game is still not creating a cache.

another edit: started another fresh game and moved the household in from the gallery all the auto solve buttons work and the cache was created.

I do like the trick or treat interactions, but I am so unhappy that an unmodified saved game has become unplayable because I had assumed that playing without mods would prevent these glitches from happening. I guess not Frown

last edit (ever because this is pants!) Going back to the original saved game, selling and replacing the beds worked, in so much as the Sims chose the beds in the bedrooms that were locked for everyone else but that Sim. However after waking them up and then clicking the energy button they then chose a different bed to sleep in. And then after having them claim the bed in the room that was locked against every other Sim but themselves (that's the same bed that they autonomously chose in the first place) the auto solve function fails again, and they have to be manually directed to sleep!

I have been unable to get the auto solve function to work on the fun tab either. The other buttons toilet, shower, eat work it's just energy and fun. Obviously if I am the only one it's happening to then it must be a problem with that saved household, it was that household that forced me to start a fresh game by moving them from the gallery after last months update, now it seems I have three choices

1. start a new game and give up on that household and saved game
  2. start a new game and move that household in from the gallery after every update
  3. give up on the game entirely and save myself a load of grief!
Message 1 of 87 (10,465 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Autonomy bug causes Sims to do nothing for hours

Hero

Marking this as solved since I didn't get any new reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 85 of 87 (7,370 Views)

All Replies

Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy)

Hero

Hi @reboot2019

changed your title a bit to better reflect your issue. Feel free to change it again if you're not happy but please make it that the title contains the actual issue,

What do you mean by no caches are created ? You mean the cache folder after deleting ?

Just to be sure, the new game works as intended entirely ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 87 (10,418 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @crinrict I appreciate you changed the title to better reflect the issue, but my original title 'Game Breaking Update' reflects my personal feelings that I hoped would alert the developers to my unhappiness (anger!) but I guess you know them better.

When I close a game from that save the cache file is empty.

Starting and closing (with save) a completely fresh game leaves the cache folder empty

Starting a fresh game and importing the household from the gallery the game filled the cache folder with thumbnails as it usually does after visiting the gallery. 

I also tried playing the backed up save game from yesterday, but the problem persists and the cache folder remains empty when I close. 

I am in no rush to uninstall because I'll have to download every expansion and stuff pack. The cache or lack of is not that important, as the only way to fix the auto-solve issue is to start another fresh game, and that really disappoints me. As I already noted I have no mods or CC that could bring about this chaos, and having to abandon that saved household renders the past year of gameplay as a complete waste... (angry again!) but I've paid for the game and also future content, so to continue playing the game I am going to have to start from the beginning. 

Message 3 of 87 (10,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi,

I can understand that you are angry but here in the bug forum it's about reporting a bug. Doing so has two purposes: Making the devs aware that there is a bug and the other is that other Simmers with the same issue actually find your thread and can post their experience as well. It's one thread per bug and one should be able to easily find it. You won't find a dev posting here. It's me trying to make sure everything is listed and compiled and help where I can. 

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 87 (10,409 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hi, ok i wanted to report a few things i learned from the officials:

first the cache folder i believe will only generate files when you use the gallery and this requires doing more then launching gallery so it makes sense you have files in the cache after using gallery. it seems the patch must have purged all of our cache files and using the gallery shoudl create new temp files.

For the lot that keeps having issues another reported being able to fix the issue by doing the following:

1. saving the problem lot to the library

2. moving family to another lot temporarily

3. then replacing the problem lot with its version from the library

4. move back family

hopefully this is helpful.

Message 5 of 87 (10,399 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @PeopleMatterMore I hadn't thought about saving the lot to the gallery, I suppose that resets the lot like in TS3. I am going to try it thanks for the tip

with regard to the cache folder, it used to be that you could delete all the contents of the folder after anytime you played and it would be auto generated the next time you played, I rarely visit the gallery in game because it fills up the folder with all kinds of junk, but I did have a period early in the year when the fridge was glitching and that meant deleting the cache every time I quit the game. Can't remember when that was fixed but until the Sept update I had no reason to delete the cache - I think I did it out of old habits!

On a lighter note I actually like to see empty folders it keeps the OCD in me calm. 

it's the auto solve issue that's blown the game and disappoints me the most so I am looking forward to trying your tip

Message 6 of 87 (10,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm adding this shortly.

On the cache files, trying to find out if anything was changed since you're not the only one. For me they were all deleted on startup but filled fine again once I started the game.

If you have further issues with the caches, please make a new thread for it.

Thanks

EDIT: @reboot2019 trying out your save and I totally see what you mean with the fun. Nothing happens when I click either but just to be sure I understand you right on the energy.

The Sim you click on, did they already have a bed assigned ? I mean if there's not enough beds, they can't claim one, right ? Your Sims also seem to have a bit of a problem with their Free Will

EDIT EDIT: So, I can't duplicate the energy level issue but Fun seems to be broken in that game. Free will doesn't work when they're fun level is very low. Probably connected,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 87 (10,345 Views)

★★ Guide

thank you @crinrict I appreciate you taking the time to try out the save. There's definitely a problem with free will but as far as I can tell it only effects that household! I was going to try what @PeopleMatterMore suggested but instead moved them into an empty pre-built house and demolished their previous gallery house. Everything was fine for a while they fulfilled their fun and energy needs at the click of a button, but then the autonomy broke down. It could be related to claiming beds, because up until the autonomy broke clicking on energy sent them to the nearest bed or sofa, then when that stopped working I had the husband and wife claim beds and although the husband managed to find his bed when I clicked on the energy button, the wife couldn't (or wouldn't!) after a while even the husband started napping on a garden bench or brewing coffee but his wife wouldn't attempt anything until her energy levels were so low she collapsed Frown

I've played other households and they're all fine, although I've never played those families for long periods so I can't be sure. I am going to try what @PeopleMatterMore suggested and save the household to the gallery then start a new game and move them into a prebuilt house, and see if I can figure out how it breaks.

Message 8 of 87 (10,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tried ceejay's suggestion with your save and it worked fine afterwards.

My theory on the free will is that the problem is the fun. Free will works fine for most Sims but not if they have very low fun.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 87 (10,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I did all these things. At first it worked well, but after a while the bug was back. Not all the sims on that lot have that bug. 2 out of 8

edit: the bug was back after my sims claimed the beds.

edit: the autosolve doesn't work and authonomy doesn't work. Sims don't do anything when their needs are all green.

Message 10 of 87 (10,289 Views)