[FIXED] Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

by reboot2019

Original Post

Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

[ Edited ]

A user at the Sims 4 forums is testing removing computers.

Posts are here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14205410/#Comment_14205410

and here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14205503/#Comment_14205503

"Okay, initial findings were decent. Deleting the computers released two of my stuck sims. I still have 1 that is glitched and doesn't move. I deleted the beds and there was no change in that final glitched Sim. I'll keep testing and see if deleting something else might help."

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14205598/#Comment_14205598

"UPDATE: Removing the radios and TV's did nothing. Removed all the appliances (fridge, stove, microwave, tea machine, coffee machine), did nothing. Removing the video game machine released a stuck sim. HOWEVER, one of the unstuck Sims went to work and came back glitched. Sigh. This seems bigger than just this last update. Bulldozed the entire lot out of desperation and it released my Sims. It seems that there is some item in my house that is glitched.  "

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14205726/#Comment_14205726

"UPDATE 2: Locking the stuck sim outside starts the autonomy up for the Sim. Unlocking the door makes them glitched again. I tried replacing the doors with arches, didn't work. It is apparently an item in the house.  "

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 51 of 87 (850 Views)

Another report with the computers:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14207811/#Comment_14207811

"I just tried this and so far it's working. As soon as I sold off all of the computers autonomy seems to be back for all sims on the lot. I still want to run it a bit more before I'm sure though.  "

Sul sul!
Message 52 of 87 (796 Views)

★★★ Novice
I tried that, and tried removing the beds, and also moving my sims to a new lot. No luck, and it seems to have actually gotten worse! Grrr....
Message 53 of 87 (784 Views)

★ Apprentice

So last week I started playing the Sims 4 again, fresh install on a new computer, bought the Get to Work expansion because it looked really cool. Everything seemed to be working fine (except I noticed that sometimes I'd have to click the auto-solve for various needs several times before it would queue an action) until just recently, when I noticed that whenever I went to work with my scientist, when she got home at like 7pm the daughter (a child) was standing outside like she had gotten home from school and literally hadn't moved from that spot in four sim hours?! Not too long after that, I started noticing hang-ups with my sims between when I would tell them to do something and them actually doing it. More and more I'm finding my sims standing around for hours doing nothing! This is nothing like how the game played right after it came out. I really hope the devs fix it soon, because I poured a lot of money into expansions and add-ons this weekend thinking it would be pretty sweet to have a bunch of stuff to mess around with, and now it's not functioning properly!

Message 54 of 87 (757 Views)

More detail from the Officials:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14209974/#Comment_14209974

"Hi rosemow. I just tried it. It seems to improve the situation a bit better, however it is not perfect. I found out that after selling the computers, my two "zombie" sims have a bit of their autonomy back but they will only dance and clean dirty dishes on their own free will. One of them had pretty low energy and he still autonomously decided to dance instead of sleep."

That's DeKay - they're good with a close eye on things. If you want someone to test something for you, try them.

Sul sul!
Message 55 of 87 (753 Views)

My Sims Free will is not working.

★★★★★ Newbie

My Sims Free will is not working. They just stand around and wait for me to have them do a task. Can anyone help me? 

I have tried turning free will off and then on again and it is still not working. 

Message 56 of 87 (738 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, it sucks. I've tried all the suggestions. I don't want to buy any more packs until it is fixed, because I can't even play like this.

Message 57 of 87 (737 Views)

Re: My Sims Free will is not working.

Are you sure the autonomy is on full? (Options > Gameplay > Autonomy) 
Do you have any mods/CC (custom content) installed? Try taking that out. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 58 of 87 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Autonomy is on full. I have turned it on and off to try and get it to work. I have also started a new game. It worked for a little while and now it is not working again. I also have time freezing issues like other users have mentioned.

I do not have any custom content or mods installed in my game.

Message 59 of 87 (733 Views)

Hero

Hi @katiebear20@Phantomlover1717

It's a bug. I merged your thread with the appropriate thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 87 (727 Views)