[FIXED] Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

by reboot2019

Original Post

Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

★ Guide

I seem to be having the same problem with autonomy. My sims are not fulfilling their fun or energy needs if they are in the red or green area. Doesn't affect the other needs though, just fun and energy. I have no mods or custom content in my game..

Message 21 of 87 (1,066 Views)

Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy)

★★ Novice

@crinrict

I appreciate moving my topic to the similar post, but as I mentioned I did research and tried all the solutions that have been given thus far, I even tried repairing the files by right clicking on the sims 4 in my library through origin and no files seem to be missing. I also noticed the same as the other fella mentioned these sims have no real common threads other than being relatives and the worst part is that it isn't simply energy and fun.

My sims can't handle any of their needs NOT A SINGLE ONE unless they are red . They do not do anything for extended periods of times if their needs are green and worst yet the fun and bladder are iffy at best. I've had one sim pee his pants 5 times in 2 sessions in a house with 5 toilets!!! I tried moving my family to the gallery and they lose all their money so I can't place them in a house that's obvs worth 350k I'm pretty much stuck.

Message 22 of 87 (1,041 Views)

Hero

So yours might be different after all then

Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 87 (1,035 Views)

Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Darnellcotez  Yes it's here to stay for a while I think.

I can work around it in my game because 1. it doesn't affect all the Sims and 2. they're all working different hours, so rarely together in the same house. I also found that taking away the coffee & ice cream machines breaks up the monotony and encourages them to find fun elsewhere, I actually witnessed one dancing to the stereo and another reading an eBook on the tablet yesterday, a real joy to behold as both objects had been little more than dust magnets for the past week or so. 

I am not sure what to suggest other than try to be patient, I remember a while back the devs had been tweaking the autonomy levels and if I am remembering correctly it lead to an issue with the Sims not being able to clear or wash dishes, it didn't take them long to fix it though.

Message 24 of 87 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @DashTheBomber0 resetting the lot as suggested previously does seem to make a big difference, I felt much the same as you and I stubbornly refused to move my household out because my hardworking Simself had over a million simoloeons that they would have lost had I moved them to the gallery.

But that's not how to do it...

edit: I forgot about the mods! If you are using any drag that folder onto the desktop and dump the cache If there is anything in there, mine is empty) then

• save a copy of the lot to your library
  • move out the family to a vacant lot and sell all the furniture
  • bull doze the house then replace with the house that you saved to your library
  • move the family back in (they shouldn't have lost any money in the sale/repurchase)

The auto-solve issue will probably still affect them in some way, but hopefully it will be better.

Good luck

Message 25 of 87 (1,024 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict

As I stated in my original post, I have used absolutely zero mods and only one expansion. I do have the deluxe version of the game though.

Message 26 of 87 (963 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try this, but look this is merely a band-aid and we shouldn't have to jump through these types of insane hurdles to be able to enjoy a game which we paid good money for.

The AI shouldn't be this bugged period and I'm seriously upset. Also I don't have any mods.

Message 27 of 87 (964 Views)

Hero

Have you also try turning off free will and turning it back on.

I do still believe yours might be connected to the same bug. Might not, it's hard to tell.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 87 (947 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict

Yes I have actually, it was the first thing I thought of due to years of customer service.

Message 29 of 87 (938 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sorry if you stated but I can't keep everything in mind: Do you have the same issue on a new save game too ?

Happy to look at your save if you want me too. Just upload it somewhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 87 (928 Views)