Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

by pffffffth

Original Post

★ Apprentice
I am also having this issue: One sim in a family of seven seems to have lost free will. Too bad if the problem is related to computers since I am doing a challenge where the main sim has to reach the top the writer career.
Message 41 of 87 (1,319 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue of autonomy disappearing and auto-solve no longer working. I posted about it in the Sims 4 forums as well. I even went as far as to start a completely new game and new household, but soon enough the bug occurred again. I tried the suggested steps of moving the Sims out of the affected home, saving the lot to my gallery, bulldozing it, then replacing the lot. Unfortunately that was only a temporary fix and soon after they all lost autonomy and auto-solve stopped working again. I never used the "Claim" interaction on a bed, but it seems that as soon as a Sim is directed to sleep in a bed they automatically claim it.

Message 42 of 87 (1,293 Views)

★★ Guide

good call on the computer @Daugue I removed one of the mid-range 'Respecterion' desktops and it did seem to make quite a difference.

The other thing worth noting is that auto solve anything other than basic hygiene or eating, won't work if they're already doing something. For instance using auto-solve for a Sim with low hygiene will send them to the nearest bath or shower, but the auto-solve energy button won't work until they've finished showering/bathing. Although it can be very frustrating in large households, if you check on the action queue of all the household Sims, it could be that the idle Sim is waiting for another Sim to interact with them, in that case cancelling the other Sims actions frees up the Sim on hold.

Message 43 of 87 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having problems with claimed beds and computers. Removing computers and beds from the house got my sims moving again. Hugely annoying though as my sims keep claiming beds on their own so I am constantly buying new beds. Any way to unclaim a bed / stop the sims from claiming beds on their own?

Message 44 of 87 (1,265 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have done all the suggestions and still my autonomy and auto-solve is busted. Anyone have any other news? It's game-breaking for me at this point.

Message 45 of 87 (1,151 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Same here.  They just stand around until they pass out and are wasting their lives away at this point.  Help must be on the way?!

Message 46 of 87 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still no word on a patch or fix from EA? This is getting extreme. I can't even play anymore.

Message 47 of 87 (1,114 Views)

Hero

They should be working on it but they never give ETA's on bug fixes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 87 (1,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This just started happening in my game, too. Energy and fun auto-solve stop working, and some Sims in the house seem to be more affected by it than others. I haven't been able to pinpoint or narrow down to a specific object that might be causing it. The energy thing is almost certainly linked to the beds, but the fun I have no idea - removing all computers from my lot fixed it for awhile but it eventually started up again. I've tried removing other high fun advertising items  but that didn't help. It seems as though there's some specific item that breaks the fun auto-solve once a Sim has interacted with it, but I can't narrow it down, I have a family of 6 currently and the autonomy is busted for 3 of the Sims in the house,  but I would assume that they've all used all the fun objects on the lot at some point or another, so why just those 3 Sims?. I did move the family into a new house and a new lot but like others have said, it fixes the problem only temporarily and then it creeps back in again. . 

This has been quite frustrating for sure. I just started playing Sims 4 a couple weeks ago, and played it unpatched for awhile while I got used to the game, so once I did patch and this bug showed up it was really easy for me to tell the difference between the autonomy levels of pre-patch and post-patch. My Sims were far more lively and interesting before, now half of the household stands around unless directed to do something and the other half still has freewill but it seems more limited than it did before - they use the same few items repeatedly and ignore a lot of other stuff in the house that they used to use on their own quite often. I tested other families that I have in the same game and some of them appear to be fine while others are already showing signs of the limited autonomy - doesn't appear to be connected to the size of the lot, either, or I would blame it on large lot lag, but one of the families that is affected is two Sims living in a very small two bedroom starter home, they only have a few Fun items on the lot and they won't even use those most of the time. This particular lot also doesn't have any wall speakers and they've never upgraded anything in the house so I don't think it's connected to that. . 

Very disappointing, I truly hope the developers are looking into a solution. 

Edited to add - one of the weirdest things about this bug is that when you send the affected Sims to a community lot or another Sim's home, their autonomy works just fine and they move around and fill all their needs like you would expect them to. The bug is only present when they are on their home lot. And it's not tied to one specific lot because half of the families in my neighborhood are having this problem. 

Message 49 of 87 (1,100 Views)

★★ Guide

I am pinning my hopes on a Halloween update because they said the trick or treat stuff would be time limited.

Message 50 of 87 (1,062 Views)