Autonomy is bugged

by DashTheBomber0

Original Post

Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy)

Hero

For fun ? Energy ? The free will one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 87 (1,554 Views)

★★ Guide

@brigitta1710 I agree the energy issue is OK(ish) as long as you don't let them claim beds.

The fun thing is a lot more frustrating, on one hand they seem to be doing more socializing autonomously and gaining more fun while they're chatting, watching TV and swimming, but on the other hand once all their levels are green they stand around doing nothing waiting to be guided!

I think it was @crinrict that mentioned stress earlier, they definitely won't do anything while they're stressed, so you need to push them around until they're relaxed and comfortable enough to interact with each other and then the fun levels rise quickly. Kids of course don't get stressed, so they're bouncing around from one fun activity to another. 

Another thing I noticed is if for instance when they have a dream/wish to watch a channel on TV and I click the fun button they go and watch that channel! And the socialize button is less responsive too, but I think that's stress related as well.

Message 12 of 87 (1,545 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Has anyone found a permanent solution to this? I did what was recommended and the issue came back after 5 minutes.

Are the developers aware and/or are working on this? It's really frustrating and I don't feel like playing this game anymore, especially if ridiculous bugs like this are presented to players.

Message 13 of 87 (1,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try moving around the furniture ?

Could you maybe also upload your save game and PM the link ?

Does it happen in all your houses ?

Is the bug back for energy only or also free will and fun ? Did you use claim beds or was it just there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 87 (1,504 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No furniture was moved.

No beds were claimed.

It happens in all my houses.

The bug only affects fun. Sims will not autonomously fill their fun need.

According to the lastexception.txt file there is an issue with "\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 1678, in _score_object_interactions_gen
"

Replacing the lot temporarily fixes it, but the bug soon returns.

Message 15 of 87 (1,446 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this same issue and I've tried that fix, however it doesn't work after about 5 minutes into the game again. I have tried it multiple times and it's annoying to keep doing all of that, only to have it break again.

Message 16 of 87 (1,405 Views)

Autonomy is bugged

★★ Novice

First things first,

1. I don't have any mods with my copy of Sims 4.

2. I do have the get to work expansion.

3. I checked the settings and it has autonomy on full.

All of these things considered, my sims should be acting on their own on quite a regular basis, but instead they sit around looking at walls without doing anything unless I tell them to.It makes it terrible to play because I'm not the type of player who enjoys micromanagement and it has made the game experience quite awful.  It started out of nowhere too, I was playing regularly and when I started to notice that the only times they would do anything was if their needs was extremely low.

This needs to be fixed, this is a major gameplay issue. I can't stand playing anymore. I found a few suggestions to try and even attempted a repair through origin all the files were intact, and even tried to move my files restart the game and close it and then put the old save files back in. It seems nothing online is solving it. What is going on with my sims (aside from the usual sims not being the brightest fellers around)

Message 17 of 87 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @Darnellcotez I've play tested this for hours and I haven't been able to find out why it affects some Sims and not others. Obviously the devs have tweaked the autonomy/fun gain levels, hopefully they'll have figured out a fix SOON!

Resetting the lot as per @PeopleMatterMore solution works, but I found that I had to replace the beds because they are automatically claimed, and in my game that borks the energy buttons. But after resetting the lot the fun button did work for one of the three adults in my household, the other two I think have stressful characteristics, for example one is ambitious, and the other is a game designer and suffers a lot of stress during work.

It might have been wise at the beginning of this thread to list the traits and aspirations, age, employment etc of the affected Sims, maybe we could have found a common cause as it's simple enough to change their personalities in CAS.

edit: don't waste your time on the above! I've got a stack of paper in front of me with lists of traits and aspirations etc, and I can't find common ground in any of it.

Still I have one adult male that autonomously fills his needs and all the auto solve buttons work.

One young adult female who cannot do anything autonomously any more and stands outside at the front of the house for hours! The auto solve buttons for hunger directs her to the ice cream maker, energy to the coffee machine, and social to trolling the forums - all of which raise her fun levels.

And one adult female who can fix her needs autonomously, though it rarely happens quickly and she seems to spend a lot of time idle. All her auto solve buttons apart from fun work normally.

The other two family members are a teenage and a child sons, they seem to be able to find their own fun. But the teen boy's auto solve fun button doesn't work.

It's not completely the game breaker I was moaning about in the first place, it's most definitely improved since following @PeopleMatterMore suggestion, but the fact remains it's broken, and most likely that's because the devs have tweaked the settings in preparation for some future content and that's just wrong! Why not hold off with the fiddling until they're ready to release what ever it is they've got planned?

Message 18 of 87 (1,381 Views)

Hero

@DashTheBomber0 I merged your post. It's the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 87 (1,343 Views)

Re: Issue with auto-solve (fun & energy) and Free will not working

★★★★ Apprentice

@reboot2019 Did the issue eventually return after starting a fresh game?

Message 20 of 87 (1,312 Views)