[FIXED] Invisible Walls

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Invisible Walls

★ Apprentice

I think the Gurus may be aware of this. On the latest livestream for the upcoming Kids SP, the gurus' game had the same invisible wall bug on the first floor of the (gallery-downloaded) house they were using.

Message 21 of 29 (1,781 Views)

Re: Walls inside the room is gone!

★★★★ Novice

I have tried all the things suggested and nothing is working. Could it be the lots themselves?

Message 22 of 29 (1,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am working with @ewelings on the forum thread here and will note any new results both there and here after testing.

Edit: there may be a lot component to this issue.  The house @ewelings uploaded (available here) shows invisible walls in the girl's 2nd floor bedroom when placed on Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest, but when placed on a different lot, such as Municipal Muses in Oasis Springs, the walls are visible.

Message 23 of 29 (1,736 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just posted this on the Sims forum -

"Just come to this thread to see if I could fix my invisible walls. No such luck. I've yanked out my mods and cc even though it's a Maxis/Ea wallpaper that's bugged (essence of pastel), re drawn the wall, tried different wallpaper but nothing is more than a temp fix. I just have to shift click a different wallpaper on the cc wallpaper that still shows, not apply it, but the act of seeing how it looks brings back the wall until next time the lot is loaded. It's driving me nuts, off to press me too on that thread I tried for an hour last night to fix this with no luck"

I can't find rhyme nor reason either. The room had an Ea/Maxis wallpaper previously (can't remember the name offhand but I can check later) and was fine until I tried to decorate it. Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if any progress solving it is made. If you want me to try out solutions just pop it in a post. I have this house saved on a test save  (Still bugged) so I can fiddle with the wallpaper with no problems!

Message 24 of 29 (1,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay after reading other threads I did this-

"Firstly I redrew the walls, saved the house, bulldozed it, then put it back. After a reload the walls were gone .

Then I re-drew the walls, added back wallpaper,saved the room and then plonked the saved room back on the house and saved a brand new save.

On reload the walls were gone

I should add basic pastels, essence of pastel and plaster makes perfect all vanished but cc polychrome gothic interior wall stayed put.

Thirdly I re-drew the walls, placed a different cc wallpaper, saved the room, plonked it back and did a brand new save again

and it stayed I've reloaded and then re saved something that I re do my rolling saves on (others will be deleted in case it was save corruption related)

Don't know why it's worked as previous attempts at replacing all the wallpaper have failed but if it sticks I'll take it!
(wallpaper is called gothic/tudor style paneling)"

no clue as to what worked when previous attempts have had no luck. I still have the bugged house saved if you need me to fiddle with it!

Message 25 of 29 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've built a house in willow Creek before, and I had this problem too, it was with one of my kids room, I don't have the house because it's not on my laptop it's on my grandmothers laptop, I had about 7 people, two adults, one teen, 2 kids and a baby who I believe wasn't born yet, if I do seem to find other walls or patterns that create this problem I will let you know, this problem didn't seem to bother me but I thought it just wasn't loading so I ignored it until I saw this post.
Message 26 of 29 (1,666 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This bug appears to be fixed now in the latest patch (7/14/16).  I tested the Villareal lot in Windenburg, which originally had invisible walls, and all walls are now present on the lot.  I would like to get feedback from other people who have experienced the bug before we mark this one as solved.  @KrazyAngelKat81@Jaldeer @dolldrms1 @meanerbeanerr @thecharsims @jenn451 how are things now?

Message 27 of 29 (7,003 Views)

★ Pro

@BryonyRae , I sent a sim in my current save to visit the Villareal lot and the previously invisible walls are now present and accounted for.  If they can now take care of the front porch issue again, the lot will be in good shape.  That missing door drives me nuts, lol. 

Message 28 of 29 (1,642 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just loaded up my old save now I've re added the cc wallpaper that was causing problems and it all seems fine now Standard smile

Message 29 of 29 (1,635 Views)