[FIXED] Inventory Thumbnail of Emotional sculptures are wrong

by konekosama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Inventory Thumbnail of Emotional sculptures are wrong

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When carving emotional sculptures the thumbnail of the item in your inventory doesn't change. For example the thumbnail is of two swans in a heart but when you place it, it's two birds hugging. Or for playful the thumbnail is a cat, you place it, and it's a dolphin. 

Message 1 of 16 (3,375 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Flirty Sculpture wrongly constructed

Hero

Emotional sculpture thumbnail in sims inventory and world appearance are now visually the same.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63  .. after 5 years ... wow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (3,217 Views)

All Replies

Re: Handiness Skill/Woodworking table

★ Apprentice

I just wanted to add the issue I've recently discovered with the Woodworking table.  
When my sim crafts a "Firty" sculpture .. Which I can see in the inventory is two swans facing each other.  When I take it out of their inventory to display it, it turns into a log of wood.  
I've had other sculptures created, Dragons and such... with no issue.  
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.

Thanks~

Message 2 of 16 (3,314 Views)

Re: Sculptures

Hero

@konekosama Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (3,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It's definitely still current @crinrict.  It functions like an emotional painting, in that you don't know what the painting will actually be until you've finished - you can't choose the image for it.  Similarly, when you go to carve something emotional, all you know is that it will flirty or sad until it's carved.  The difference is that once the painting is complete, it does not change.  However, the carving will change after you've completed it.  It's like every time the game has to render it, it just randomly chooses from one of the matching emotional types.  I would definitely call it a bug.

Message 4 of 16 (3,269 Views)

Hero

@BryonyRae is this still occuring ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (3,226 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yes, @crinrict, saw it just the other day while reviewing some builds.

Message 6 of 16 (3,208 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Inventory Icons messed up

★★★ Pro

I wanted to add some pictures to this thread of woodworking objects that are messed up with the inventory.  I discovered this while I was taking pictures for the emotional aura collection thread.

These emotional sculptures don't display the correct icon when being dragged into the inventory:

02-23-16_12-24-06 PM.png

All of the sad sculptures display the raincoat when being dragged into the personal inventory to sell:

02-23-16_12-10-13 PM.png

When being selected to be put into the family inventory, all sad sculptures also display the raincoat:

02-23-16_12-11-40 PM.png

All of the angry sculptures display the man when being dragged into the personal inventory to sell:

02-23-16_12-09-31 PM.png

When being selected to be put into the family inventory, all angry sculptures also display the man:

02-23-16_12-11-25 PM.png

All of the flirty sculptures display the dove when being dragged into the personal inventory to sell:

02-23-16_12-11-11 PM.png

When being selected to be put into the family inventory, all flirty sculptures also display the dove:

02-23-16_12-11-11 PM.png

All of the playful sculptures display the cat when being dragged into the personal inventory to sell:

02-23-16_12-08-07 PM.png

When being selected to be put into the family inventory, all playful sculptures also display the cat:

02-23-16_12-10-53 PM.png

This could have something to do with the other sculptures missing from debug mode.  The ones in debug mode show up weird:

02-23-16_7-32-22 AM - Copy.png

These are the only three emotional sculptures that show up in debug mode and the pictures don't match the descriptions:

02-23-16_7-32-20 AM.png

02-23-16_7-32-22 AM.png

02-23-16_7-32-11 AM.png

02-23-16_7-32-08 AM.png

Message 7 of 16 (3,204 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Inventory Thumbnail of Emotional sculptures are wrong

★★★ Pro
Message 8 of 16 (3,197 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Inventory Thumbnail of Emotional sculptures are wrong

Hero

Done

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (3,184 Views)

Flirty Sculpture wrongly constructed

★★★★ Guide

I was trying to build some flirty sculptures with my woodworking table but when I placed the finished item in the world it looks A LOT different from the first image.

In my inventory I can see two ducks making a heart. But in the world it's just a log of wood.

Any help or report about this?

I'm not using CC and already taken out all mods. Making a flirty sculpture after that still doesn't change anything.

Message 10 of 16 (3,127 Views)