[FIXED] Inventory Icons messed up

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Woodworking Icons Show as Black and Silver Stars

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin, I don't play 4 anywhere as much as I play 3 so I only just noticed the bug in my game yesterday when I got around to installing the March patch.
My patch day mantra is patch > repair >start new game to test/check out new stuff.

While unrelated to gardening and collecting I decided to have the sim testing and egg hunting also use the woodworking bench. Here's the screen shot I grabbed.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1b/3f/42/1b3f42cc8ad49687c220aea563b6c9c3.jpg

Message 21 of 29 (1,661 Views)

Hero

Hi @Mmdrgntobldrgn,

good to see you here.

Yes, sadly this wasn't patched. You get used to it after a while though ... I hope they have a fix read for the next patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 29 (1,656 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Inventory Icons messed up

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict, I  have this problem and clicked 'me too'.  This just started in my game after the March 22nd patch and I then installed the Movie stuff pack. Not sure which caused my game to go haywire though, both these I installed after the GT so didn't see these problem until either the March 22nd patch or maybe it was after I installed the movie stuff pack because I waited to try that one.

Message 23 of 29 (1,630 Views)

Hero

That is interesting information. Makes me wanna uninstall Movie Stuff to see if it goes away if you don't have that.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 29 (1,626 Views)

Handcrafted items have star icon in inventory and queue

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

For awhile now, every item I've crafted at a workbench has had a star icon instead of the proper object icon when in inventory or when a Sim's action queue. I keep forgetting to take a screenshot of this but I will next time I'm in game. This is happening in all my Sim households.

I'm on Mac OS 10.10.5, no mods or cc (ever), all expansions and packs. I've repaired game several times.

ETA image links:

These screenshots are all from one household, but I've seen the same star icons in other households with handcrafted guitars, violins, etc.

Message 25 of 29 (1,595 Views)

Re: Handcrafted items have star icon in inventory and queue

Hero

@funcrunch Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 29 (1,575 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Re: Star icon in personal inventory after crafting on woodwork bench, and painter's palette in personal inventory after painting from reference on easel.  This has always occurred in my game.  I thought it was supposed to be that way, doesn't bother me.  I have base game/GTW/OR/SpaDay.  No CC or mods.  Game updated, files reset, game repaired, caches clear.  I don't have GT or Movie Stuff pack.  I'm not currently playing household that does woodworking & I'm dealing w/other game play issues, so I haven't been having Sims paint lately.

Message 27 of 29 (1,553 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have had the same issues with crafted items, and I do not use mods or anything except the sims 4 game and packs. No downloads from Gallery either. I gave up on repair and cleaning out cache files. I started a new game, new sims, new house, all existing Sims 4 game items, same problem.

I uninstalled Sims 4, restarted the PC, re installed the game and same things happens in my brand new game. I also get invisible items such as reading an invisible book, Sims snapping out of position .

Message 28 of 29 (1,545 Views)

Re: Woodworking Icons Show as Black and Silver Stars

[ Edited ]
Hero

The wood working icons were address in Patch 1.21.

Paint my reference and Sheet Music seems to still be bugged. The rest looks fine.

EDIT: Everything fixed now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (3,095 Views)