Re: Non-insane & Non-materialistic sims have trait interactions available?

by mardimarz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Insane trait options shows up for all sims

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on any mirror and look for the insane option to "Flirt with Self". It may also appear as a randomly chosen social interaction when clicking on other sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to "Flirt with Self" will appear on the mirror for all sims, when usually it is only an option for sims with the insane trait. If a sim with the insane trait clicks on the mirror, the option appears twice. Sometimes when clicking on another sim and being presented with random social options, there will be "Flirt with Self with [Name of other sim]".
What do you expect to see? The "Flirt with Self" option on mirrors should only appear for sims with the insane trait, and not for every sim in the game. For insane trait sims, it should show up once when clicking on the mirror and not appear two times as two separate options. It should not be possible to click on another sim and have the option to "Flirt with Self with [Other sim's name]" as I don't think it is meant to be a social interaction you can perform with someone else.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started appearing since the 7 November 2017 patch (PC 1.36.99.1020)

flirt-self2.jpg

Issue 1: Flirt with Self option appears when clicking on any mirror, even for sims without the insane trait.

Issue 2: For sims that do have the insane trait, it appears twice - one is obviously the option that is meant to be there, the other is the bugged version that is showing up for all sims regardless of traits.

flirt-self1.jpg

Issue 3: Switched to another sim that doesn't have the insane trait, clicked on another sim a few times to cycle through the randomized social options suggested by the first pie menu and sometimes "Flirt with Self with [The other sim's name]" appears as a social option, even though it doesn't seem like it is supposed to be used with other sims and especially by a sim who isn't insane...

If you are sitting on a weight lifting machine, you can click on other sims and "Invite [Other Sim] to Flirt with Self"! So weird.

flirt-self.jpg

Message 1 of 24 (4,737 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Insane trait options shows up for all sims

★★★★ Pro

It seems this was fixed in today's patch.

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (2,701 Views)

All Replies

Non-insane & Non-materialistic sims have trait interactions available?

★★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except cats and dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take Any young adult or older sim who does NOT have the insane or materialistic trait into live mode. When you click on the mirror all sims now have the "flirt with self" option that should be only for insane sims. If you click on newly purchased objects all sims now have the "admire new possession" interaction that only materialistic sims should have. It's possible this is only prepatch saves, haven't tried a new save yet.
What happens when the bug occurs? sims who do NOT have the insane or materialistic trait Now have interactions that only sims with those traits should have. When you click on the mirror all sims now have the "flirt with self" option that should be only for insane sims. If you click on newly purchased objects all sims now have the "admire new possession" interaction that only materialistic sims should have.
What do you expect to see? Sims who do not have the materialistic or insane traits should not have trait exclusive interactions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 8th patch seems to be the trigger.

sims who do NOT have the insane or materialistic trait Now have interactions that only sims with those traits should have. When you click on the mirror all sims now have the "flirt with self" option that should be only for insane sims. If you click on newly purchased objects all sims now have the "admire new possession" interaction that only materialistic sims should have.

I'm not the only one, several others have mentioned it on the sims 4 forums, but I didn't see any post here.  

Message 2 of 24 (4,614 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have this problem too! All my sims have Insane Trait actions when clicking the mirror, they can flirt with themselves. I also had an insane moodlet pop up for a Sim that didn't have an Insane trait. This happened after the 11/8 patch. All my mods are disabled, and have been disabled since the patch.

I have all except Toddlers/Fitness/Vampires. Mac OSX - English.

Message 3 of 24 (4,591 Views)

Hero

@Skyechimes Merged your post with already existing one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (4,565 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (4,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I too have the issue with the "Flirt with Self" option appearing in the mirror. None of my Sims have the Insane trait and this has been happening since the November 7, 2017 patch (PC 1.36.99.1020). The only mod I have installed is No Mosaic, and have base game and Vintage Glamour SP.

Message 6 of 24 (4,542 Views)

Not having in inane trait but given insane options

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living,Get together,Vampires,Parenthood, Get to work,Dine out,Spa day, Outdoor retreat, Vintage glamour, backyard, Kids room stuff, romantic garden,spooky, holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click a mirror
What happens when the bug occurs? Gives me an insane option
What do you expect to see? not that
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Just wanna know if anyone else has this

Message 7 of 24 (4,368 Views)

Re: Not having in inane trait but given insane options

★★★ Novice

I also am experiencing this.

Message 8 of 24 (4,357 Views)

★★ Expert

same here, tested without mods.

Message 9 of 24 (4,415 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I tried looking for one but I didn't find it.  There are a few others experiencing the problem as mentioned in this sims 4 forum thread (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928650/bug-with-admire-possessions-and-flirt-with-self-f...) and I've encouraged them to report it here as well. 

Message 10 of 24 (4,256 Views)