Re: In-game time not matching the gameplay

by crinrict

Original Post

In-game time not matching the gameplay

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all gameplay packs except Journey to Baatu, all stuff packs except My First Pet and Halloween Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, as this bug only ever seems to happen to me.
What happens when the bug occurs? The in-game clock does not match the gameplay. E.g. it will dispay 8:50pm and it is dark outside but when you click on the fridge, it only gives you the option to make Lunch. Or it will display 9:32am and only then you get the notification that your sims have to be at work/school in an hour. Because of this bug, my sims also seem to stay at school or work forever. When I then cancel the action after what have been according to the in-game clock 12 hours, they return home, and only have earned the salary of, let's say, 3 hours - showing that the clock in the game isn't at all showing the time that is actually passing. I can usually "fix" this by leaving and re-entering a household, which will return everything to the "actual" time. This fix lasts maybe one sim day, then it starts acting up again. I have noticed that this particularly happens when I speed up any actions that are not sleep or work. But even without doing so, the bug occurs.
What do you expect to see? Notifications popping up at the appropriate time. In-time clock matching what happens in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug occurs with AND without mods installed. Usually, it happens only with older save files, but it has just now happened with a brand-new save file. 

I have tried the following:

- repairing the game

- folder refresh

- 50/50 method of the mods I am using

- deleting the files in the Sims 4 folder that are safe to delete

So far, I seem to be alone with this problem, as I haven't found anyone else whose game is behaving like this. 

At this point, the game isn't fun anymore, and hardly playable. 

Message 91 of 93 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still have this too. you have said exactly what happens to me perfectly.

Message 92 of 93 (1,869 Views)

Hero

We chatted with the registrar at Britechester University and got them to agree that students should receive class time reminders before class instead of after. You’re welcome. Now, make sure you go on time, alright?

I don't know how much this fix reverts already affected saves. Those might be affected for good.

Also: If you used any kind of mods to mess around with time, that can also break your saves. Those are mod issues. Revert to an earlier save in that case.

If you still get this issue on a brand new save or newly get it on a save that prior to this patch didn't have this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 93 (12,849 Views)