[FIXED] Inappropriate behavior in sim's own household

by shaposh2012

Original Post

Locked out of house after party

★★★ Newbie

Family was removed from/locked out of house after hosting a birthday party for their daughter. 

One sim was in the process of making a birthday cake and the celebrating sim (randomly) told them to leave for inappropriate behavior. Because all Sims were technically on the guest list, they were removed from the house and can't get back in. 

Tried evicting/re-adding the family to the same lot but they're still locked out of their house. 

Running game on Mac w/ most recent update. 

Plz2havhalp Frown 

Message 11 of 29 (7,275 Views)

Re: Locked out of house after party

★ Apprentice

Hey! Sorry your having an issue, try moving them to a whole new lot altogether@ I had to do that, each time in a new house problem is solved for a bit. I just stopped throwing parties....lol and started just bakiung cakes & aging up myself when its b-day times, till ea fixes this glitch anyways

Message 12 of 29 (7,253 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Inappropriate behavior in sim's own household

★★★ Newbie

Have the same issue... I usually have it when doing a club gathering (or sometimes it just happens randomly). Doesnt matter which family I play with, it hapens with all of them after a while making the game unplayable with is pretty annoying. I moved them to a different lot, removed all the mods, and yet, still happening. When I go into buy mode I am able to see inside the house, even modify it as nothing happened.

First it happened only with doors, I was able to see inside the house, but a speach bubble would appear above my sim saying he cant get into the house as the door is locked (it wasnt). So I removed all the doors and replaced them with frames only. He was able to get in, but he would not do daily tasks normaly, meaning he went to cook inot the park on the grill and slept on the nearest bench pissing himself as he would not go to take a shower in the house (???)

Bit odd....

Will try to re-install the game see what happens

Message 13 of 29 (7,241 Views)

Re: inappropriate behavior in sim's own household

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem: birthday party, had a house member baking a cake. Brother reprimanded her and my camera view was kicked out of the house. I can see inside in Build, but not in Live. The sim baking the cake was only temporarily kicked out of the house, but when someone opened the door I could click to get her back in but not my view. In the notification the picture of the sim being reprimanded was also not there.

Message 14 of 29 (7,235 Views)

Re: Locked out of house after party

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!

So I tried removing them from the lot then moving them back in with no luck. Then I tried moving them to a different lot, going to live mode, then went back to move them into the original lot. It worked! Except the fact all the furniture had been moved back into the family inventory. Still in the process of getting everything back in place :-/

Message 15 of 29 (7,221 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Inappropriate behavior in sim's own household

★★ Novice

Any time that I try to host a party and then  cook a family member will say that my sim is doing something inappropriate and ultimately be kicked out of the house.  To fix this I will cancel the party and then travel one sim out, change the control to the sim's home and then bring the sim that was travelling back. This is a known bug that hasn't been fixed. Very frustrating for the "cook 3 gourmet meals during an event" achievement, to say the least! :P

Message 16 of 29 (7,171 Views)

Sim kicked out and can't get back into house!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I just downloaded the new patch and movie stuff. My sim was throwing a dinner party and he hired a caterer but was also cooking gourmet meals to reach his goal. One of the other sims in the house kicked him and everyone else out of the house for being inappropriate and I can't add them back! I noticed the new patch added the ability to excuse inappropriate house guests, but they live there! I tried cheat coding them back into the family and it isn't working. You can't enter the house or view anything inside. When I try to "send them home," it says they cannot at this time. Eeeek! What can I do?
Message 17 of 29 (7,164 Views)

Re: Sim kicked out and can't get back into house!

Hero

@StaceyKukk I merged your post with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 29 (7,138 Views)

Re: Sim kicked out and can't get back into house!

★ Apprentice

Recently also happened for a Prestige event Wedding in my Sims game (no mods, no custom content, Get to Work & Outdoor Retreat)

Message 19 of 29 (7,105 Views)

Re: Can't enter house

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This has also happened to me! Just today, there were notifications of "That is inappropriate, please stop" over and over again when nothing was happening. Now my family is kicked out of its own house, even though they still reside there, according to the map. I've since evicted them and had them move back in, only to find they cannot enter no matter what, and there are random neighbors inside that I can see through the windows. 

It DID happen while I was throwing a birthday party, though the messages about inappropriate behavior were NOT during the party.

I'm new to sims 4 (played the original back in the day) and am looking for a fix on this as well. 

And I really liked that house I built . . . :/

Thank you. 

Message 20 of 29 (7,091 Views)