Re: Thrown out of own house after attempting to host a Party

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't enter house

★ Novice

I found a workaround for this issue.  I also had this issue during a birthday party for one of my Sims.  The Sim making the cake was getting yelled at for inappropriate activity by his kid and then I couldn't see inside the house.  I feel like it might be a character bug.  For that same character, I sometimes also get whims between him and his wife where they want to get engaged or want to move in together.  

You can resolve the issue by ending the social event, hitting M for the map and travelling with everyone in the household to a different lot and then repeating to go back home.  When returning to the home, everyone can go back inside and function as usual.  

Message 21 of 29 (1,476 Views)

Re: inappropriate behavior in sim's own household

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too. For me, it happens all the time.

Message 22 of 29 (1,470 Views)

Thrown out of own house after attempting to host a Party

★ Novice

Hi there. 

This issue has become common as I googled my way around to find answer for this incredibly annoying and stupid issue.

I hosted a dinner party and as "The wife" proceeded to cook food, "The Husband" threw her out of the house so I am now unable to enter the house. While searching for fixes I tried to travel elsewhere and back but now I cannot do anything with anyone. This is a house containing generations upon generations of family members. I refuse to move and abandon this house simply because of the hours spent on it. 

This has to be fixed ASAP! There is no reason for this bug not being fixed when it has been around since one of the most recent patches when there is a massive amount of people that got this issue!

Message 23 of 29 (1,470 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kvist91,

I merged your thread with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 29 (1,457 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have found travelling to another lot usually will fix it. someone else has said end the party, travel to another lot, and then come back and you should be able to re-enter the house. You could also move the sim out of the home & then move them back. If your afraid of losing your current set up and furniture save the house as is to your gallery & just replace it after moving before moving back. You also might need to contact EA as they may or may not have a fix for it. I also recommend staying away from throwing parties as fun as they are. I have stopped throwing parties & seem to have no more issues lol cuz Im not throwing parties till the issue gets fixed

Message 25 of 29 (1,447 Views)

Hero

• Sims who sabotage their own belongings will no longer be kicked out of their home by another Sim of their household.

Hope that fixes all the issues. If not, please feel free to post and say so.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 29 (11,572 Views)

★ Novice

I just read this and decided to come back to the game as I had to quit in anger after being thrown out of my own home. Now the question is... How on earth do I get back in when this happened 3 months ago and I haven't played since and is still kicked out? There is no way im gonna restart my family after the countless hours I put into this dynasty!

Message 27 of 29 (1,389 Views)

Re: Can't enter house

Hero

I think you can travel to another lot and back and then it allows you in again.

Maybe it was more complex. Don't remember. Let me know if above doesn't work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 29 (1,376 Views)

★ Pro

@Kvist91 , it what @crinrict suggests doesn't work for you, try the workaround listed in @Ariashley post from 1/27/16.  On my monitor it is the first post at the top of this page.

Message 29 of 29 (1,370 Views)