Re: My Sims garden disappeared after traveling to snowy escapes

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Gardening not fixed with patch

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

They revert to dirt piles.  After a few days if I stay put and don't travel.  I fertilize them as well in the hopes that they will come back and they eventually do as long as I don't travel, but my Pomegranate tree stopped yielding fruit.

Message 31 of 162 (1,586 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★ Novice

I have the same problem.  All my plants seem to disappear and become dirt piles again.  there's not pattern.  It's not with a change of season - all the plants are sheltered anyway.  

Message 32 of 162 (1,576 Views)

★★ Guide

Once again, this bug has still not been fixed and I am beyond frustrated at this point. I have a new save, new garden, and it hasn't even been two sim weeks and when I had my sim garden today plants were reverting to dirt piles left and right. AGAIN.

Gardening is impossible right now, and has been for MONTHS. Can we PLEASE get some information as to WHY it's taking so long to fix? Or better yet, an ETA on WHEN it will be fixed? Gardening is an essential part of gameplay for many different players, and it's been basically broken since Eco Lifestyle was released. It feels like this issue is being completely ignored by the devs, and it's causing more frustration and anger as a result.

I am on PS4, and I have all the packs except Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting, and Snowy Escape (because consoles don't get the same sales as PC, which is another gripe).

Message 33 of 162 (1,714 Views)

Re: [OPEN] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★ Guide

I have captured a video of this glitch: https://youtu.be/HFfFpkz_CDA

As you can see, I lose all the harvestables before I can sell them, and if it's a long-growing plant it will be ages until I can get them back. And of course, they revert to dirt piles under different circumstances as well, like when I've innocently loaded the game and haven't even touched them yet.

Again, I do not have seasons. I have all packs except Snowy Escape, Eco, Seasons, and Star Wars. This is such a painful bug, it's bothering me the most out of everything.

Message 34 of 162 (1,697 Views)

Re: My Sims garden disappeared after traveling to snowy escapes

Hero
@peta12 Are they reverting to dirt or disappear completely ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 162 (1,506 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same, my save is brand new, my garden is large and my plants are all sheltered. They revert back to freshly planted dirt piles randomly, and it will be the whole section of the planted type. I thought they were rotating in and out of season but I redid the room they are in and it is still occurring. This is beyond frustrating when I am trying to do a gardening play through. >Frown I rebooted my game, my computer and repaired. It's still doing it. My sim is working too hard to have her profit literally wiped out.

Message 36 of 162 (1,661 Views)

Re: Plants disapear

★ Novice

Same thing happens to me. I do have seasons, I have around 8 plants. Currently it’s happening only with snapdragons, However in last game it was happening to most of the plants. 
I do not have nor have I ever had mods or cc.  And I’ve recently gotten a new computer but the issue happened on the old one previously 

Message 37 of 162 (1,661 Views)

★ Expert

This is why threads need to stop being locked all the time. Just because there was a post saying "Issue fixed", we need to wait (for at least 2 weeks) to see what status the issues report. I've had this issue, posted an original thread (which got locked) where my plants did the same thing. That post was made a long time ago- but it still lingers as an issue. Closing those threads just hides how long the issue has been an issue.... 

Message 38 of 162 (1,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I just wanted to add that now my plants are also starting to die.  I know that at one point in one version of the Sims this did happen, but I haven't had a plant actually die for a long time.  Also I wanted to note that when I hover over the dirt piles, it says what the plant is and that it is perfect, but there is nothing there.

Message 39 of 162 (1,629 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After much gameplay testing, I found if I just don't weed my garden they don't disappear. It's unsightly but it does seem to stabilize the garden. Since weeds don't technically kill the plant they just look bad, I just leave them. Try it and see if it helps.

Message 40 of 162 (1,623 Views)