Re: Plants disapear

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Tiny Living, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you plant more than a few plants (maybe 16 or so).
What happens when the bug occurs? When you have many plants on your lot, you will see that your plants will just change back to the pile of dirt you get, when you just planted it.
What do you expect to see? I dont want my plants to disapear! You cant do a rags to riches challenge because you cant plant your own stuff! Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 162 (16,610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants fail to produce until bugs have been sprayed

[ Edited ]
Hero

Our master gardeners treated a few of our plants so they no longer reset to a previous growth stage randomly. If only life worked that way…

Fixed in Patch 1.76.81/ 1.4.

I don't find the notes very encouraging. Sounds like not everything was fixed but we shall see.

If you still have issues, please create a new thread. Make sure to list the plants you're having issues with and post if they are sheltered or inside.

Out of seasons plants that are outside turning to dirt piles is not a bug.

EDIT: New thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-after-fertilizing-Patch-1-76-81/... . please make sure to answer the questions posted in the second post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 162 of 162 (11,965 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Which plants do you have issues with ?

Please try a game repair.

Is this a save you started after or before the patch ? Newly planted after the patch ?

For everyone posting in this thread, please provide the following info

1. Do you own Seasons ?
  2. Do you have large gardens ?
  3. Does it matter which plant or does it happen to all of them ?
  4. Did you plant the plants before or after Nov 11th Patch ?

If you also have green clouds emitting as if the plants were dead but they're not, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Plants-playing-dead-emitting-green-cloud/td-p/9751...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 162 (16,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I was relieved that this was finally fixed with this patch, or so I thought. After playing about 2 sim weeks in my game, my plants started reverting once again to a pile of dirt. This is a new save might I add. From what I remember, so far it has happened to my daisies and strawberries. I will jot down and update if it starts to happen with other plants. 

ETA: I only have 6 plants. So not as many as the OP. 

Message 3 of 162 (16,459 Views)

Hero
@SimmerMars As OP hasn't come back yet and I don't know what it's for them (before the patch it was sage and basil and issues with the cowplant), could you create a new thread for the time being until OP comes back and make it about those two ?

I might remerge if they confirm it's also these for them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 162 (16,447 Views)

Hero
@SimmerMars I forgot to ask: Do you have seasons ? Both of these are in Seasons spring.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 162 (16,424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had some of my plants disappear today when I was watering them. Strangely, not all of them did disappear. I do not have seasons.Plants disappearing.png

Message 6 of 162 (16,419 Views)

Hero
@iippabella What's your game version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 162 (16,411 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Version 1.68.154.1020

Message 8 of 162 (16,407 Views)

Hero
@iippabella Just those or other plants ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 162 (16,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The mushrooms were fine. Unfortunately I don't have any other plants to test with at the moment.

Message 10 of 162 (16,401 Views)