Harvestables reverting to seeds since Eco Lifestyles

by Annie_Oakleaves

Original Post

Plants Resetting

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP09
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the star wars one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to grow a garden.
What happens when the bug occurs? My plants reset to the state like they were just planted.
What do you expect to see? My plants not resetting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a sim who lives very natural, which means that she depends on the garden, the plants randomly resets, and it’s been a problem for a while now.

Message 111 of 162 (8,492 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★★★★ Apprentice

1. I do own Seasons.

2. I do have large garden.

3. I've got all 57 plants from base game and expansion packs that I own, planted outside in the open and without garden planter, and it happens to all of them.

4. I have planted them about a week ago, so after that patch, but I think the save game is older than that patch.

I am trying to create a farm, and it is so annoying, plants shrinking in the middle of their season. I want to have grown plants always, and in their season to bring their fruits.

Message 112 of 162 (8,449 Views)

Harvestables reverting to seeds since Eco Lifestyles

★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? PC: 1.73.48.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the cash grab Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant harvestables
What happens when the bug occurs? All plants revert back to seeds. This has been happening since Eco Lifestyles. Why are you fixing bugs that have come AFTER this? It's absolutely ridiculous! This is the reason I have totally stopped playing the game. No real fixing of the game and more cash grab schemes (kits) being released!
What do you expect to see? PLANTS THAT STAY PLANTS! DUH!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. IT'S BEEN HAPPENING SINCE ECO LIFESTYLES.

All plants revert back to seeds has been happening since Eco Lifestyles. Why are you fixing bugs that have come AFTER this? It's absolutely ridiculous! This is the reason I have totally stopped playing the game. No real fixing of the game and more cash grab schemes (kits) being released!  

I do play with mods, but whenever a new pack comes out I always, like everyone else, remove all mods and start the game without them. The plants reverting back to seeds started happening IMMEDIATELY. When there were NO MODS in my game. 

I am just stunned, every time I see your "laundry list" to NEVER see this issue being listed as one of the top ones. I know MANY MANY players who have stopped playing because of this specific issue. One of the biggest things in The Sims is gardening and we gardeners can't even play because we take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back every time we have to start our whole gardens over and over again.

Message 113 of 162 (8,431 Views)

Re: Harvestables reverting to seeds since Eco Lifestyles

★★★ Guide

@Annie_Oakleaves I do not work for EA but my assumption with the laundry list is, they put on things that can be solved by actually assigning people at their end. For the rest, I believe they either haven't found a way to fix it at all, or by trying to fix it, they ran into issues like other parts of the game being seriously affected.

Having said that, I wish they could hire more professional in-house QA testers instead of being overwhelmingly dependent on customer input.

Message 114 of 162 (8,405 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Japanic2012 I think plants are supposed to go to dirt piles when not in season and not in warm climates. flowers and some fruits and herbs go back to dirt pile just like in real life they go dormant in the winter and they start again in the spring.
Message 115 of 162 (8,373 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if anyone else is happen the same problem with cow-plant but mine just keep going back to that little dirt patch when you first plant it. when i go to build and buy mode, it going back to normal again ?? its strange.

Message 116 of 162 (8,353 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9 My screenshots were showing only the 24 existing spring plants during spring time (along with 25 all-seasons plants) whereof 2 reverted to dirt piles. All the other off-season plants (19 summer, 8 autumn, 7 winter) were in dirt form from the beginning as they are supposed to be.

It's hard to tell if this is a glitch or by design as real plants do not exactly behave like in this game as you said.

Message 117 of 162 (8,348 Views)

Plants Reset after tending garden

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own every expansion minus Journey to Batuu and the Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plants on the home lot reset after tending to the garden. This happens regardless of the plant being sheltered or outdoors and in every season.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant growth resets to the 'just planted' stage and you loose all harvestables and growing progress
What do you expect to see? The plant growth to remain at the correct stage
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N / A 

Message 118 of 162 (8,261 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Plants don't transform into dirt piles in the real life, lol. I've never seen a tree or a bush transforms into a pile of dirt while out of season.

Message 119 of 162 (8,193 Views)

Re: Plants disapear

★ Guide
  1. Do you own Seasons? Yes
  2. Do you have large gardens? No (One of the new hydroponic beds and two in small pots by the front door.
  3. Does it matter which plant or does it happen to all of them ? It's happened to all of them.
  4. Did you plant the plants before or after Nov 11th Patch ? After.
Message 120 of 162 (8,155 Views)