Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Unwanted House Guests in Sulani & at Sulani Parties

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hang around a Sim's home lot on Sulani for some time, perhaps preferably when it is raining.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs (total strangers in my case) may enter your Sim's home and utilize its facilities despite active lot trait 'Private Dwelling'.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when using 'Private Dwelling', I don't have to additionally lock my Sim's doors in order to keep overly social island dwellers (and strangers at that) from making themselves completely at home while my Sim is going about his daily routines.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living. I'm playing a new save after clearing out my mods folder, deleting cache files and repairing as well as updating the game. I don't see how I can do more.

I get the hospitality theme at the core of Island Living. Sometimes, I just like a little peace and quiet and not having to deal with rude visitors Wink

Message 1 of 73 (12,787 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] : Unwanted House Guests

[ Edited ]
Hero

Uninvited Sims will no longer appear when attending Kava Parties on lots with the “Private Dwelling” Lot Trait.
○ It’s my party, and I don’t invite you if I want to.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Please use the following threads if you still have issues

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Unwanted-Visitors-in-Dorms-after-Party-Event/td...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Unwanted-guests-no-ask-to-leave-Other-worlds-than/...

ONLY post here if you still have it for Kava Parties.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 60 of 73 (11,185 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Nindigo79 Do they have a Ask to Leave interaction or is that missing ?

Which lot are you living on ? Did you try other lots if the same happens ? Are they walkbys ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 73 (12,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictThank you for your quick response.

- The lot is Lagoon Look.
- I have not tested if it happens on other residential lots.
- They may be walkbys.
- Since they have been complete strangers, there has only been introduction options available.

Message 3 of 73 (12,709 Views)

Hero
@Nindigo79 When you introduce yourself, do they have the interaction ? Just asking cause I had people over that didn't have the option. It was a bit different than your issue though cause they came for Winterfest and New Years.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 73 (12,704 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict No, they don't.

I had my Sim host a Kava party with just one invited guest yesterday, alas the house soon became full of uninvited strangers in no time. I did have my Sim introduce himself to some of them, but found no option to ask them to leave.
Message 5 of 73 (12,698 Views)

Hero
@Nindigo79 For me, traveling to another lot made them go home. Sounds like similar to the issue I've seen too.

Thanks for all the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 73 (12,694 Views)

Sims 4 Island Living: Visiting Sims Won't Leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims will be invited into the home and just not leave. I thought previously Social events were causing this, however it seems anyone I invite in feels right at home and won't leave.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims enter the home via knocking on the door and being allowed inside. They simply will not leave my lot. They often steal my bed or pee themselves despite there being a working toilet on the lot. The only way to really fix it is to leave the lot and come back. I cannot ask them to leave either, it's almost as if they're part of my sim's family, however, they are not.
What do you expect to see? I want to see them leave after a while. It's annoying having to fight a neighbor for a bed. XD
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

If needed I can provide a save file, other than that it's self explanatory.

EDIT:  I noticed when I invite Sims in before the event begins, they are the ones who will not leave.  Since the event is random, it's hard to completely pin point who's leaving and who's staying.  They'll stay for days until they either have work, or leave the lot for other reasons  I'll continue to observe the bug and try to recreate it as much as possible to provide more information.

EDIT #2:  I got the bug to happen again, this time it was simply just inviting the visitor in that caused it.  They've been inside my sim's home for at least 24 hours now.  After waiting for the next day, the sim teleported away.

Message 7 of 73 (12,723 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Island Living: Visiting Sims Won't Leave

Hero
@sweetashkally I see similar things as you. For now I'm merging your thread with another thread that's a bit different but it sounds like the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 73 (12,642 Views)

Campfire fires on residential lot.

★ Pro

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except, Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A campfire and a couple of chairs. Have a Sim read or eat, while sat near the campfire. Does not need to be campfire food.
What happens when the bug occurs? Uninvited Sims enter the house and make themselves at home. When a fire starts all Sims in the neighbourhood, seem to be invited into the house. There is no way to ask them to leave, as there is a fire on the lot. There is also no way to extinguish the fire as its always under a chair. Can only wait for the fire to burn out which can be any thing from 2 to several hours. Only when the fire has burned out can my Sim introduce herself and ask to leave, otherwise they hang around until midnight. The uninvited guests, do not react to the fire.
What do you expect to see? I expect when a fire starts for my Sim to extinguish it. I do not expect to see random Sims to be allowed in my house, just because there is a fire on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Was defiantly the 1.52.100.1020 patch as while pre patch I had several similar fires, other Sims never entered my Sims house.

Message 9 of 73 (12,643 Views)

Re: Campfire fires on residential lot.

Hero
@loyabe Just so I understand right, they came when the fire started from the campfires (cause that happens a lot and has another thread) or did they come without the fire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 73 (12,626 Views)