Re: [OPEN] [IL] Unwanted House Guests in Sulani & at Sulani Parties

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Unwanted House Guests

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just had an other uninvited  Guest in my house in Sulani  although this time someone that my Sim did already know so I could ask her to leave. Interesting is that again at the nearby temple is some kind of event (maybe for harvest or something as it is the harvestfest day). 

Edit: Not 100% sure but think it was one of the vendor that was supposed to be in one of the stall at the fest that uninvited visited my house.

Message 41 of 73 (2,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having problems with uninvited quests too. I understand if in Sulani people want to visit others a lot, but it's getting annoying if random sims just walk right in and start emptying my fridge. And without an option to ask them leave. Some sims just keep on hanging in there, feeling grumpy for being tired and all but still insides of my fridge are more important than going home to sleep Disappointed I tried greeting one of the invading sims that I didn't know, after that clicked the "goodbye" option (I play in finnish, don't know what it actually says in english) but the sim just walked to another room and directed themselves to my fridge...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-bFUT0IoFpRo-tkK_big9UhhVyH0lBJ7
Here's link to save game during one invasion, in case that is needed

Edit. They slept on my sofas through the night... Usually sims leave when the home owners go to sleep but these two decided to eat and sleep through the night instead. First I tried to just leave the home lot with all my sims and see if they have left when I travel back home.. But they were still there! I actually had to travel with the two persistent unwanted guests to another lot, leave from the group and travel alone back to home to get them to leave finally.

Message 42 of 73 (2,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sozki This is the same problem I have too! I thought it was a glitch until I read that Sulani sims are hospitable and treat everyone like family - so does that mean every home is their home? Do they all have the Always Welcome trait or something? Sometimes I'll get the option to ask them to leave even though it wasn't there before but for the most part, I have these same issues.
Message 43 of 73 (2,165 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] : Unwanted House Guests

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes! That has been driving me crazy. I try to throw a Kava party, and then the entire neighborhood shows up after I call the guests to drink Kava. Plus, I can't get gold because the option to "kava toast" only intermittently shows up. I'm not sure if it helps, but here these are the household basics:

- Lot: Journey's end

-Have I tested another household?: No, will test shortly

-Have I moved this household to another lot?: No, will test after the other household

- If it matters, my sims are 3 young adult mermaids

- Sims have taken food from the fridge without having met any of my sims, so the relationship was not high enough to cook on my stove or eat my leftovers

Other than this small thing, I do love this new expansion pack! Thanks so much Sims4 team! 

Message 44 of 73 (2,152 Views)

★★ Novice

@Schwarzbart00 wrote:

My Sim own the (on a new map empty) Sulani house left over the Tangled Flat and when I returned home from wondered that a non * stranger that I never seen so far makes use of the living room of my house.

Traits set for my house are Island Spirits, Great Acoustics, Peace and Quite. I didn't special lock the main entrance but to find a stranger at my house when I return that I also can't ask to leave is for sure not great, especial when a short while an other stranger also entered my house without invite / talking to her first. 

What might or might not be an interesting info is that during the same time there was a party (or ceremony) going at the temple like building below the Tangled Flat.

So far I had this issue only once and I only reported because this one need additional input.

Game Language: English

Mods: Non

Official Content: All, except 2 Accessory packs.

I too am at the tangled flat. I have the private dwelling set as well as locked doors and they are spawning aa the time. There is no longer an ask to leave option in friendly interactions so I just have to use the mean one, after I introduce myself rudely first. This is getting very annoying because as soon as I get one out, another one has spawned again in my house. I also have a baby so as I’m trying to deal with the first spawn, second wants to tangle up doing anything for the baby so now I have a screaming baby I can’t feed because a stranger is in the way and a stranger that has randomly spawned in my house. 

Message 45 of 73 (2,104 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having random guests show up in my house! It's driving me crazy. Sometimes they come in through the front door, other times I find them on the deck at the back of the house. They will come and float on my floaties and then let themselves inside. I also have the problem where after throwing a party guests don't leave. They stay through the night, sometimes for days. And the ask to leave option is rarely there. 

Message 46 of 73 (2,050 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just read the first and last page, so likely another page in between has mentioned this, but I think it might be an issue with the door. I also hate guests in my house and have replied on locking my doors and it's worked fine up until a couple of days ago. I started building my sim a new house. And it dawns on me that I used fricking Island Living doors in her house. That big glass door was so pretty while it lasted ... I'm gonna switch out those doors and see if there's improvement ...

Message 47 of 73 (1,950 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed the same! When I am holding a yard sale I am not expecting random customers to enter the house, walk in to my sims bedroom and start using his computer, nor am I very pleased with them walking in to my kitchen and eating my sims food. Like. Rude! I had to resort to locking the door. I can't remember this being an issue before IL?

Message 48 of 73 (1,936 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same thing since I've installed Island Living. My current household lives at Lagoon Look and from time to time random Sims come in and raid my fridge, clean up dishes or just talk to the household members who are present at the time. I have to keep my easel occupied or in my inventory, otherwise artistic Sims will come in to start (sometimes even finish) a painting on my easel. Since I'm living off the grid there isn't much else to do besides using the few utilities and activities that off the grid offers. I want to go on the grid now that my household is a bit richer, but I find myself in doubt whether I should, because uninvited guests now leave after a while since there's not much to do at the house off the grid, especially if there aren't any Sims present and nothing entertaining to do, nothing to eat, clean or wreck. 

What I've noticed:

- During a party uninvited guests flock to the house, there's always at least 2 to 3 uninvited guests that come in after passing the house/walking around the neighborhood.

- During a yard sale, Sims don't walk up to the table but walk straight into the home, locking doors doesn't help. 

- Almost every Sim day, there's at least one Sims that gets in the house uninvited and without knocking. Locking the door doesn't help. When there's one, more will come. 

- Can't get a grasp on getting them to leave, sometimes the option is there even though my Sims don't know the intruder, sometimes there's no option to make them leave without introductions.

- The friends of my Sims aren't invading the house even if there are invaders already in there, they knock and get in when invited in or leave when ignored. They leave after the usual time normally spent before the problem with invaders arose. 

Seriously thinking of installing that 'just go away' mod I've read about. I play with MC command center already but can't find an option to make individual Sims leave with that. 

Message 49 of 73 (1,888 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This happens also in other worlds. I have a house with 2 doors in Brindleton Bay. Sims and pets are constantly walking through the house from one door to the other. Locking the doors has no effect.

Message 50 of 73 (1,876 Views)