Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Unwanted House Guests

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

Re: Kava Party ruined by uninvited NPCs

Hero
@aidreaurel I'm merging this with the unwanted guest thread. It might be they overdid this a tiny bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 73 (2,284 Views)

People won't stop showing up in my house!! (Island Living)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I load the game on a private dwelling lot. There's always about 1-5 sims just in my house/acting like it's some community beach hang out center.
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't enter my lot when it's residential & private dwelling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help!!! This is driving me crazy!

Message 32 of 73 (2,266 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] : Unwanted House Guests

★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen Maybe the idea was the party is supposed to draw in new people and include the community lol... idk. Sims keep treating my private dwelling fully locked house on the beach like it's theirs to lounge and hang out on. They have to sail to my house to get there, it's so dumb! They really overdid this friendly community vibe thing.
Message 33 of 73 (2,235 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] : Unwanted House Guests

★★★ Guide

I'm seeing a lot of this as well, and quite frankly I'm getting really tired of it. Yes, I get that the islanders are a friendly, welcoming bunch, but constantly having strangers invade my sims houses is not "being friendly". Its rude and invasive. Even with Private Dwelling, they keep entering the house and making themselves comfortable. I hardly EVER see the actual neighbours, only strangers.

Message 34 of 73 (2,211 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Reading your post if my memory serves I think this bug started to occur for me after the welcome wagon when some guests brought Kava plus I have had my own sims make it too so for me I think this could be related to the Kava bowl in some way whereas for other players it appears it could be the fire..It's so annoying as sims just wander throughout my sims house as if it's their own and getting them to leave is impossible lol I hope they fix it soon for all of us-)

Message 35 of 73 (2,188 Views)

★★ Guide

I do not have IL but thanks to sales do have everything else.  After the patch, a sim from Strangerville and another from Oasis Springs, neither of whom knew my sims, invaded their Willow Creek home.  (The home has been in the same family since the start of the game in 2014.)  Strangerville Dude walked straight to the fridge & put his hand on the fridge door, by which point I managed to pause the game.  I moved the fridge & StrangeDude reset.  I went back to livemode & put the plate back in the fridge.  Second invading sim was also headed for the fridge.  I have the updated MCCC (yes, playing w/mods--MCCC & a handful of LittleMsSam's mods) so I used it to force the invaders to leave the lot immediately.  I wouldn't have reported it as I am playing with mods, but was encouraged to do so since it's happening to people playing mod-free games, & it might help to know that it's not limited to the IL pack nor the world that came with it.

Message 36 of 73 (2,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PsychotpsHi! What you describe (eta: in post #22, on pg. 3; thought this post would land there) used to happen to me in the vanilla base game-- in my case it was because the back door was set as the front door. Just in case--have you checked to make sure the door you want as the front door is set as the front door? --if that's not it (the source of the walkthrough-house-to-knock-on-frontdoor), apologies. Standard smile

Message 37 of 73 (2,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My Sim own the (on a new map empty) Sulani house left over the Tangled Flat and when I returned home from wondered that a non * stranger that I never seen so far makes use of the living room of my house.

Traits set for my house are Island Spirits, Great Acoustics, Peace and Quite. I didn't special lock the main entrance but to find a stranger at my house when I return that I also can't ask to leave is for sure not great, especial when a short while an other stranger also entered my house without invite / talking to her first. 

What might or might not be an interesting info is that during the same time there was a party (or ceremony) going at the temple like building below the Tangled Flat.

So far I had this issue only once and I only reported because this one need additional input.

Game Language: English

Mods: Non

Official Content: All, except 2 Accessory packs.

Message 38 of 73 (2,112 Views)

★★★★ Pro

After two ingame weeks in Sulani I didn't experience any strangers spawning or coming into my house, but I had 2 party guests who didn't go and used my bed. A quick trip with them to another lot fixed this.

Message 39 of 73 (2,107 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Unwanted House Guests in Sulani & at Sulani Parties

★★★★ Novice

I am at Chieftains Villa and lots of strangers show up, come inside, eat food, use the lieu, etc. And I have the problem of guests staying days at a time. Also, when Sulani "extra food" event occurs, Sims often come in and eat home Sim's food without bringing any food or the food is left in the yard instead of being brought in (despite inviting them in). 

Message 40 of 73 (2,086 Views)