Kava Party ruined by uninvited NPCs

by aidreaurel

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Unwanted House Guests

★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue, I live on the empty island lot and random swimming npcs enter my house from the ocean, walk through the the house, out the front door and despawn. Happens both with npc's i know and don't

Message 21 of 73 (6,708 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Unwanted House Guests

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yea, I noticed that too. They enter from the dock, walk all the way through my house, out the front door, then stand outside the front door, knocking, wanting in...

I wondered why the default house had no way onto the dock from outside. No stairs, ladder, etc. They must have seen the bug and thought the only way to solve it was to remove the stairs and ladder.

Message 22 of 73 (6,702 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Unwanted House Guests

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 73 (6,651 Views)

Visiting sims won't leave

★★★ Newbie

Just installed Island Life and the June patch.  My sim had neighbors visiting and they won't leave her house.  I had no interaction option to ask them to leave either without going to the mean interactions.  I don't want to alienate all my new neighbors, but how do I get them to leave?  They stayed all night and even woke her up so they could use her bed!  I don't have any mods or CC.  I have all the expansion packs, but not all the game or stuff packs.

Message 24 of 73 (6,647 Views)

Random sims going through house to access the ocean

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 64BIT
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My first pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just wait around in your home lot at "Lagoon Look" in Sulani with sliding doors to the deck.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims in the world use my house as a shortcut to get to the water even tho the doors are locked.
What do you expect to see? Them not going through my house as a shortcut especially with the doors locked
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello! So my sims currently live in one of the starter homes in Sulani called Lagoon Look. It comes with a sliding door to the deck/balcony part so your sim can easily access the water. The problem is random sims, non invited sims, sims I've never greeted will at times go through my sims house to jump off the deck into the water. I've tried to lock the doors, repair the game, remove my mods and play the same file and wait for it to happen and it'll still happen. It's not very often but it does happen and it does bother me.

Message 25 of 73 (6,650 Views)

Re: Visiting sims won't leave

★★★ Novice

I had that issue too sometimes. I used to shift+left click the NPCs and add them to family then remove them, then they'd immediately leave . Sometimes I used to save then go to manage worlds or load another household, then go back. Try debugging the NPCs too.

Message 26 of 73 (6,617 Views)

Kava Party ruined by uninvited NPCs

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, but the problem regards Island Living only.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you have a Kava Party on your household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Let's say you invited 3 sims to your Kava Party for example, sims that you know or play with; then the party started and uninvited NPCs showed up as “guest”, sims that you neither know or play with, but must importantly you didn't invite them to your party, so you end up with a crowd and chaotic Kava Party, especially if you do a goal event, ruined by NPCs.
What do you expect to see? To sims that I invited will and exclusively show up to my Kava Party, as like in any other party that we could have on the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

To be honest I only trying to throw Kava Parties so my sims can accomplish the first part of their Beach Life aspiration, so it's probably if this keep occurring Kava Parties will be less appealing to throw without the aspiration, which is sad because I though this could be a cool way to integrate your sims on the Sulani's community.

Message 27 of 73 (6,566 Views)

Re: Kava Party ruined by uninvited NPCs

★★ Guide

I think this might be working as intended.  I remember they mentioned something about everyone on the island being a lot more friendly on the stream and that would play out in some of the events, but I definitely noticed this happening in my save as well.  I didn't mind it though, as I only had one friend at the time, used it to make more.

Message 28 of 73 (6,549 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Unwanted House Guests

★ Guide

I appreciate the hospitality of the island as well. But when a sim randomly walks through my house to the easel on the dock, I question it. Also the extra food "parties"... just because you brought extra food doesn't give you the ok to eat what food is in my fridge

Message 29 of 73 (6,565 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] : Unwanted House Guests

Champion (Retired)

@Nindigo79 wrote:
@crinrictNo, they don't.

I had my Sim host a Kava party with just one invited guest yesterday, alas the house soon became full of uninvited strangers in no time. I did have my Sim introduce himself to some of them, but found no option to ask them to leave.

This happened to me as well. I decided to host a Kava party on my home lot in Oasis Springs. The party was to be my Sim plus three friends.
The guests showed up along with FOUR other Sims she had never met.
I too had only introduction interactions with the "strangers".

Game Version 1.52.100.1020
No Mods / No CC / All content thru Island Living

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 30 of 73 (6,568 Views)