Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Summoned dolphin is invisible

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, city living, get to work, parenthood, vampires, spa day, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know what's causing the invisibility, I used a kelp from the rewards store to turn my sim into a merman
What happens when the bug occurs? I use the merman skill to summon a dolphin and while I can see the Sim passively interacting with it, and I'm hearing the animal, it's invisible
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to see the dolphin and click on it to interact
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't know what to do or how to workaround it 

Message 1 of 23 (2,900 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [IL] Summoned dolphin is invisible

Hero

Players using low graphics settings will be surprised to find that Dolphins do actually exist in the waters of Sulani.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 23 (2,545 Views)

All Replies

Re: Summoned dolphin is invisible

Hero
@OoZekhOops TO be sure, you were able to see him and then you weren't ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (2,842 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Nope, always invisible but I think I saw some dolphins swimming on the horizon though I can't tell if they are cosmetic effects or actual NPCs
Message 3 of 23 (2,839 Views)

Hero
@OoZekhOops What's your ingame graphics settings ? Could you post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (2,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Noticed that too, once. Sim was interacting with an invisible dolphin. I was using the 3xspeed though, so I guessed something just glitched/wasn't loaded correctly :-)

Edit - I'm using max graphic settings and the game usually runs rather smoothly.

Message 5 of 23 (2,814 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimplyAnjuta Pretty much the same graphical setting, sorry I was outside.
Message 6 of 23 (2,796 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Summoned dolphin is invisible

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (2,755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have had this happen on a few occasions.I THINK it happens when you have some more queues with the dolphin up and they end up leaving before they're done and then soon come back, BUT they're invisible.

Message 8 of 23 (2,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I think that's exactly what's happening. At first I thought if you call the Dolphin and you don't interact with it fast enough, it pretty much says screw you and leaves, but now as I play, I have a few interactions set up and at first it was present and interacting but as soon as I asked the mermaid to get it to do tricks, it disappeared and now the mermaid is interacting with it being invisible and I only hear the dolphin noises.

Message 9 of 23 (2,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I had this happen as well. No CC/Mods. It happened as soon as the dolphin appeared because I could hear the noises and my sim was talking to it,

Message 10 of 23 (2,625 Views)