Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Sulani doesn't count for 'Fish in 3 different locations

by Kathykins

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Sulani doesn't count for 'Fish in 3 different locations'

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the Angling Ace aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? Having a sim with the Angling Ace aspiration, Sulani fishing locations do not count toward the "fish at three different locations" requiring your sim to go to other worlds such as Willow Creek to further that particular requirement.
What do you expect to see? It's expected that fishing at a location in Sulani would give you progress toward the "fish at three different locations".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would say that this is low on the totem pole compared to other issues, but I've looked around and haven't seen anything about it, but I did want to let someone know that it is happening. It's nothing major, not leading to a crash or other problems, and there is a workaround by going to other worlds, but as a general heads up, it seems - at least for me - that if you fish in Sulani, you will not progress to the 3 different locations requirement. I went to every fishing spot in Sulani and it didn't progress. I then tried the park in Willow Creek, and the instant she started fishing there, it progressed. I dunno if it's something intentional, I sort of doubt it, but wanted to just let someone know. Hope this thread is formatted correctly, it's my first time. Standard smile

ETA: I attempted the complete current milestone cheat and it didn't do anything. I'm not altogether sure why. I'm glad others were able to use the cheat successfully though!

Lucky 

Message 1 of 15 (3,556 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [IL] Sulani doesn't count for 'Fish in 3 different locations'

Hero

Fishing in Sulani now counts towards the “Fish in 3 Spots” Goal.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (2,752 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Sulani doesn't count for 'Fish in 3 different locations

★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem. I'm playing a vanilla game. As far as I can tell it only happened after Island Living/patch.

Message 2 of 15 (3,401 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Same thing here. I had to cheat the aspiration goal because no matter where my sim fished, it wouldn't count.

Message 3 of 15 (3,364 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I was also unable to get the fishing spots my sim fished at in Sulani to count towards the three locations needed for fishing.  I had my sim travel outside of Sulani, as spots in other worlds including Willow Creek, are still working for completing the ‘fish in different locations’ part of the aspiration. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 4 of 15 (3,331 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Sulani doesn't count for 'Fish in 3 different locations'

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (3,274 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same thing here. I play vanilla and had to cheat to get past this aspiration level.

Message 6 of 15 (3,247 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same! My sim has to resort to another world but Sulani. tbh Island Living is such a beautiful EP, but it is kinda buggy. So far: the dolphin keeps disappearing and the human-form with limp feet when a mermaid took a bath. The bugs are still manageable, and I still love the EP Island Living, my favorite gamepack because the world design makes it seems big.

Message 7 of 15 (3,023 Views)

★★★ Guide
Also, a thing that MIGHT be part of the same issue with the fishing signs, "fish for an hour" whim doesn't fulfill on Sulani at all.
Message 8 of 15 (2,989 Views)

Hero
@Kathykins Could you please create it's own thread. I know it might be excessive but as one is an aspiration and this is a whim it's better to keep them separate.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (2,963 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Sure thing Standard smile
Message 10 of 15 (2,931 Views)